Home Non Cigar Related

Thank You.

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
I just had to share this with you guys, sort of a glimpse into my mind, which is pretty rare. Ask Stan, I'm a complete douche in real life, so this sentimental moment is very rare.

I've spent the last week and a half at home with my family, which is the longest time I've been here since I started college, so for about three years. During this time, I've had the opportunity to smoke cigars with my father, who I've always had a good relationship with anyhow. He's the guy who smoked cigars, and I got my first cigar from him. This hobby, or obsession, depending on how you look at it, has brought us closer together. All of you probably know this by now, but something about smoking cigars brings about great conversation. Even the silences are really wonderful.

I just sort of came outside tonight, to smoke a cigar and celebrate how lucky I am to be a cigar smoker. And I think this forum is a very big reason why I can enjoy my life so much. I think smoking cigars has really taught me to unwind and enjoy every moment. You guys are, in a big way, my cigar family, so a big thank you to all of you, really, for educating me over the last few months.

To any new members reading this, you are in incredibly good company. I couldn't even begin to start naming the great people here, and what they've done, but this is a great crowd. Thanks guys.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    no, no....
    thank you...

douche bag.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    we really need that sarcasm font.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    kuzi16:
    we really need that sarcasm font.

In most other forums I go on, people just put "/sarcasm" at the end of their sarcastic remark.
    Seems to work well.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    While I have never vocalized it in the same way you have, Beta, I agree about this place completely. I am a member of a few other forums and this is the most enjoyable one to visit. There are good, honest people here whom I have had the pleasure of talking to and even trading with.

I had a cigar with my brother the other evening....great stuff.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Ask Stan, I'm a complete douche in real life, so this sentimental moment is very rare.
    Since I have been called to, I will just have to agree with this statement. :)... All I need to say is - Thank you, Beta (Joe) for keeping me IN this hobby and urging me for months to join the forum here! It has been a great thing for me as well... A little obsessive... but great :)! Now all that's left is for me to get the lube ready and greet you back this Saturday! Mmmmm... Can't wait to cross our pe..... cigars again!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    betasynn:
    I couldn't even begin to start naming the great people here
    That's OK. Most of us already had names when we got here!

Seriously, glad you've had a good week. I'd give almost anything for the opportunity to sit out on the back porch with my dad one more time. No matter what else we may lose in life, they can't take good memories away from us.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly agree with Beta. I smoked cigars many moons ago and it was my son who came back from college who got me interested again. We smoke together on the patio and actually take time to talk to each other.

Recently my older son was home on leave before his deployment to Iraq. Although he is not a smoker, the three of us spent time together, while his brother and I smoked, and were able to chat. Now that he is in Iraq, that time was even more precious.

Well said Beta!

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    no, no....
    thank you...

douche bag.
    Oh goodness...

I'm crying from that!!!