Home General Discussion
Options

expensive humidors

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So i have seen some humidors online that literally made me gag when i saw the prices... The most recent one was a Davidoff Macassar 20 ct. humi for over $2k!!!! Even worse are the small desktops that are almost $8k! WTF?!?!?! What am i missing here? ive seen standing glass cabinets fully loaded with humidifiers and circulation units going for less than a grand! Am i missing something? Is it all just buying the brand as opposed to the quality itself?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    I believe it's just buying the brand. Now there are some nice large humidors (300+ count) for several hundred dollars. But I still wouldn't buy them. I got a 300 count humidor over 3 years ago for 100 bucks and it's money well spent. Though it loses some humidity slowly...but that's my fault anyways. There are plenty of well made affordable humidors for just about any size...well up to 300 anyways.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I can see it for some of the limited edition, like Rip's that was a model of the Partagas factory or the Washington DC monuments that are out there, but for the standard box, nah.