Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Newb's 1st Post

What's up everyone,

I'm fairly new to cigars, smoked one off and on without really knowing much of anything. But I just got my first humidor a few months ago and I'm hooked now! Started out thinking I should go with the mild stuff but quickly found out I like more medium to full bodied stuff. My favorites so far: Cohiba Black, AB Prensado, Partagas Black, Flor De Las Antilles, and Kuba Maduro (I like some of the ACIDS too)

Just got a Toro sampler and looking forward to my first Diesel, an Ava Maria, La Herencia de Cuba (Oscuro Fuerte) and MOW Ruination to name a few. Any recommendations on what I should try first?

Andre'

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Anything. Try as many as you can and be sure to take notes.
    Welcome to the family. Hope you stick around.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    dre73dre73 Posts: 13
    Thanks Roland, I intend to hang around a while. I think I will start taking notes while I smoke and read in the forums. Seems like a lot to learn in here!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Some of the guys here put together excellent reviews, I have found some of my favorites thanks to them.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to go is just dive in head first. Exploring, researching and learning is one of the reasons this is a great forum. Have fun!! PM me your addy (send a private message) and I will get a little sampler, Shizz style out to you!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    The best way to go is just dive in head first. Exploring, researching and learning is one of the reasons this is a great forum. Have fun!! PM me your addy (send a private message) and I will get a little sampler, Shizz style out to you!
    Dammit, Jim. You beat me to the punch! Andre, for starters, thank you for your service to our country. Secondly, I would love to hook you up with a couple of my favorites. Finally, welcome to the forum. I hope you find this place to be a nice getaway from the real world.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate that...looking forward to more time in the forums.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Dammit, Jim. You beat me to the punch! Andre, for starters, thank you for your service to our country. Secondly, I would love to hook you up with a couple of my favorites. Finally, welcome to the forum. I hope you find this place to be a nice getaway from the real world.
    My bad fellas, figuring this out. Appreciate the advice and the offers...I'll PM you.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club... U say u r stationed in ohio, where?
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    Hey sorry for the delayed response, I'm stationed on Wright Patterson.
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Welcome to the hobby!! This is a great forum with a lot of great folks.
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Welcome... It is a pretty nice group of guys..Pm me your addy and I'll send you some choices the gals in your life might enjoy. :)
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dre73:
    Glock1975:
    Hey sorry for the delayed response, I'm stationed on Wright Patterson.
    That's cool, i work just south of grove city, anytme u wanna smoke or get together let me know.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Lots of great guys here to help you out. Thanks you for your service.
  • Options
    Glad you're here. BDR
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Welcome. Smoke more cigars. Talk more cigars. Thank you for your service.