Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

JdN vs MOW

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Okay, this was brought on by watching two consecutive sprint sales go by. The first one featured a 10er of JdN Consuls, 5 each of the Celebracion and Antano. The sprint ended at $30.96.

Immediately after that came up a sale for MOW Puro Authenticos--10 of the Habanos. The auction ended at basically $40.

I like both cigars, but I have to say, are the PA's really worth a dollar more per cigar? I don't think so. I'm kicking myself for not clicking a hair sooner on the JdN, because I think that was a great value for that smoke. One of the reasons I don't keep more of the PAs around is because I think they're overpriced for a cigar that seems more "everyday" than "special occasion". The JdN is something that I could smoke on any occasion, especially with the two different blends in the offer.

Oh well, that's what I get for not clicking. If only money were no object, I'd just buy some of everything and the walk-in to keep it all in.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Don't worry about it, the same sampler will be back. Usually you'll see the same item come up a few times within a day if you keep watching.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i feel the JdN is a better smoke than the PA, but i still think that $40 for a ten pack or the PA is well worth it. thats a $4 cigar. i cant really complain about that.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Both are really good. I'd jump on both deals.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to Kuzi and Stephen ..... Both those smokes are good and $3-4 each is very fair.

Personaly ... Idk if I'd call one "better" though....quality has been good for both brands in my experience.

But they do have different flavor profiles....depends on what you want. So in the case of flavor, I'd see where one would be "better". But construction, burn, and consistency is there with both brands and I'd pay $4 for any of those smokes, that's a steal IMO

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well, I've never had the PAs, but I have had MOW Ruination and the regular version and I wasn't overly impressed with either one.

On the other hand JdN's are just about my favorite brand, especially the Antonos. However, you can find very good deals on these--I've gotten the Pro Consuls for as low as $15 for a fiver on sale.