Home Ratings & Reviews

Carlos Torano Dominican Selection

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for anybody who's tried it to put their two cents in. I've had a ten pack ( I think ) in my cooler for a few months ( I think ) and I'm really enjoying this one.

It's my policy not to BS anybody with specifics about what the flavor profiles are so I'll just say I'm diggin' it. It's got a light tan/brown wrapper and this one has green candella-like spots throughout. It had a short crack in the wrapper near the foot so I slid the band down near the crack and slid it up as I went along and it did great. No burn problems.

OK, OK I'll try and describe flavor. Nutty? Yep. Leather? Yep. Spice? Nope. (Wait a minute. Mild spice appearing after the halfway point.) Mild body and a mild retrohale. Yep. Creamy? Well, I'd say the finish is creamy. Seems like my flavors always come from the finish.

This one might be a good one to pair with coffee.

Anybody had one? What ya' think?

OK, after I recorded my thoughts I went to the ccom description and here's what they say about it - The silky, dark brown Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper is wound expertly around a complex, captivating blend of Dominican long-leaf fillers. This mild to medium bodied pick is lavishly layered with rich, complex flavors including cream, coffee, nuts, and black pepper.

Black Pepper? I guess, but it's not something that I was able to consciously notice. But maybe that's something that I like and just just don't quite know how to identify. Coffee? Well, I did say it would go good with coffee.

I finished off a half a can of Coke during the first half but no drink after the halfway point. It tried to extinguish itself with about two and a half inches to go. Don't know if that was my fault as I was typing more or it just didn't want to burn. It burned well after a relight over a soft flame. (The Burner. Love that thing.) It could be the power of suggestion or maybe it's the heat but the black pepper seems to be getting stronger now with about two inches to go.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Interesting... I like the dominico, this looks like a possible winner, I will have to add one to my next order