Home Cigar 101
Options

Cheap bundle or "Crappers" recommendation

2»

Comments

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    i like a line called fighting ***, you can get a box for around 25 bucks.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Lots of good cigars can be had on the cheap. You just have to know where to look and how and when to bid.
    My latest haul - showing price per cigar:
    Arturo Fuente 858 Maduro - $2.60
    Camacho Corojo Monarca - $2.00
    E.P. Carrillo Encantos Natural - $1.50
    E.P. Carrillo Encantos Maduro - $1.50
    E.P. Carrillo New Wave Brillante Natural - $1.50
    EPC Elencos Don Rubino Natural - $1.50
    Camacho Triple Maduro 50/4.5 - $1.30
    La Floridita Limited Magnum Maduro - $1.30
    Oliva MB III Churchill - $3.00

Two solid "less expensive" cigars are Flor de Oliva Robs and the GH 2002 Rob, which can often be had for $1.50/ea.

I'd like to know your sources for these great prices.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Bob.....pm sent.....I think
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Bahia Red Maduros are always great little smokes and cost next to nothing. That and the Brazil label from CCom are my two go to cheap stogies that never disappoint.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I got some Maroma's Dulece last night and they were cheap.... not sure about the sugar tip... but the smoke was nice and the burn/construction was great. Perfect for about a dollar a stick.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 5 Vegas are nice, consistent smokes, albeit not particularly interesting.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    Bahia Red Maduros are always great little smokes and cost next to nothing. That and the Brazil label from CCom are my two go to cheap stogies that never disappoint.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news brother, but I'm pretty sure that the Brazil label has been discontinued. I think they discontinued one or two more of the house blends as well.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    KingoftheCove:
    Lots of good cigars can be had on the cheap. You just have to know where to look and how and when to bid.

Two solid "less expensive" cigars are Flor de Oliva Robs and the GH 2002 Rob, which can often be had for $1.50/ea.

Likewise, if you don't mind.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    webmost:
    Bob Luken:
    KingoftheCove:

Likewise, if you don't mind.

I know you bid, and I do also sometimes, but some of those prices I find a bit hard to believe. Specifically EP Elencos for 1.50? Triple Maddies for 1.30? Master Blends for 3 bucks? Ok maybe the MB3's I can see a fiver here or there at that ridiculously low price, but the rest of these are not sustainable buys at those prices. If you get lucky here n there, but its not going to be consistent. Thats not even adding in the shipping cost, which there is no way those prices account for even weekly shipping option.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Heavy:
    Krieger:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news brother, but I'm pretty sure that the Brazil label has been discontinued. I think they discontinued one or two more of the house blends as well.
    Yea, one of the leaves was either running on short supply or got too expensive. Can't remember exactly.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Heavy:
    Krieger:

Yea, one of the leaves was either running on short supply or got too expensive. Can't remember exactly.

I like the ccom Corojo that's gone, but it was in the clearance section about a month ago...hmmm, I have enough budget I could afford a box of those. Off to check!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    scarlin:
    Heavy:
    Krieger:

I like the ccom Corojo that's gone, but it was in the clearance section about a month ago...hmmm, I have enough budget I could afford a box of those. Off to check!
    Still there!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Martel:
    scarlin:
    Heavy:
    Krieger:

Still there!
    Eric, I was looking at picking up a box. Care to give me your thoughts on em? I think I read somewhere they were cheap powerhouses.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Martel:
    Martel:
    scarlin:
    Heavy:
    Krieger:

Still there!
    Eric, I was looking at picking up a box. Care to give me your thoughts on em? I think I read somewhere they were cheap powerhouses.

Sorry, Rain, don't know how I missed this. I really liked them. Like all house blends, they're mixed filler. I smoked one that seemed to be all long leaf, but another one would have me picking pieces from my teeth (but not too many). Flavors were consistent between all the ones I've smoked. It's definitely got some DPG signature notes-Side Note, I love being able to distinguish some of these things after a year of serious tasting. DPG, AJ, Kellner, to name a few, I could probably pick out blind-pepper, musk, and wood. The flavors don't evolve much through the smoke, but they are consistently good. The robusto smokes quickly at about 40-45ish. I couldn't make it stretch to an hour without problems somewhere along the way.