Options

10 most annoying cigar terms.

2»

Comments

• Options
    lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Posts: 80
    kuzi16:
    lonniekt1966:
    This seems like the perfect thread to ask this question. What the hell does "chewy" mean when used in a review?
    when I use it in a review I mean it in how thick the smoke is and where that thickness is. If its a "chewy sweet" then the sweet is thick and has a heavy mouth feel. Make sense?
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks Kuzi!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I despise the words Limited Edition. I will always complain and dislike anything labeled LE. Note: I don't mind if a cigar has run out of a certain leaf or has become to costly, but doing LE just to be LE p*sses me off.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Gotta say reading this thread was informative! Love the dialogue
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bumping this thread, great read.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This makes me laugh!! I know a guy that is full of **** and every cigar he smokes is the best. He will sit there and say "this is so cubanesque" I just look over and say...if I want Cuban I'll smoke a Cuban other then that it's what it is. He shuts up for a little then back to the "you have to try this cigar". This is coming from a asshat that if I tell him one thing Saturday he tells me the same thing sunday
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear regularly from self proclaimed experts that N.C. cigars don't benefit from aging, only Cuban cigars and that you should smoke N.C. ROTT. I use this as a tell that they don't really know that much about cigars. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love these Necro-threads.  I miss a lot of those guys.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic thread