Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP Tom Clancy

SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
RIP Your stories will be sorely missed.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Damn... Splinter cell will never be the same.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much stopped reading anything after Rainbow Six, but I used to love that whole Jack Ryan and John Clark intertwined set of stories. I really like Red Storm Rising back in the day and kept hoping he'd bring back some of those characters.

I hope he got to see Montana.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Red Storm Rising...one of my favorites....excellent writer. RIP.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sad day.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I pretty much stopped reading anything after Rainbow Six, but I used to love that whole Jack Ryan and John Clark intertwined set of stories. I really like Red Storm Rising back in the day and kept hoping he'd bring back some of those characters.

I hope he got to see Montana.
    This was exactly what I thought. Hunt for Red October is a classic, but I thought the one focusing on John Clark and how he came to be in the CIA was his best work on characters.
  • Options
    Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    He will be missed. Excellent author and many excellent movies have been made because of him.
  • Options
    it was very sad news indeed, but thankfully he left us soooo many good books that they should be able to keep making movies and games for years to come.