2»

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    90+ Irishman:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    11rocket11:
    I use my Xikar Xi cutter, if I forget that I use a punch. Just out of curiosity, has anybody used a Shuriken? If so what do you think?

im curious as well about that 6 blade shuriken too.... Looks neat as hell

Aj
    Tried it. For me it either turned the cap into spilled cat guts (read totaled cap) or it didn't cut deep enough and had a terrible draw. The theory and idea is awesome but it never once worked halfway decent for me. Just my two cents though.

figures it would be a gimmick... looks damn cool though!

Aj
    sadly yeah at least for me
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    a punch for most cigars, a v cut for a boxed press, and a slanted guillotine cut for torpedo's.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Whats everybodys opinion on the single blade style of cutter that has a replaceable "box cutter" style of razor blade?

I like the idea of easily changing the blade and its damn bloody sharp being a razor.

Aj
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Whats everybodys opinion on the single blade style of cutter that has a replaceable "box cutter" style of razor blade?

I like the idea of easily changing the blade and its damn bloody sharp being a razor.

Aj
    Where online can I get a look at one of those? Sounds interesting.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Usually a straight cut with a Xikar Xi2. Sometimes a punch. One day I'll try a v-cut.

Found that a really good and sharp knife does as good, or better, then the actual tool.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I cant find a link myself, I seen one at my last herf... I was curious if you gentlemen could shed some light on it. was real basic though... almost looked too cheap... but damn did it cut nice with the razor blade.

Aj
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:
    Usually a straight cut with a Xikar Xi2. Sometimes a punch. One day I'll try a v-cut.

Found that a really good and sharp knife does as good, or better, then the actual tool.
    I noticed that method you mentioned in your earlier post. I'll be sure to try that :)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I cant find a link myself, I seen one at my last herf... I was curious if you gentlemen could shed some light on it. was real basic though... almost looked too cheap... but damn did it cut nice with the razor blade.

Aj

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17459/#files

files show how to make your own.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    A serrated steak knife. Need to sharpen it though.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while but I have used a razor blade on more than one occasion, rotate the cigar against the blade and pop the cap!
  • Options
    Martel:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

Aj

Thats Exactly it! So now it all makes since... i was at a herf for a bunch of local machinest, the guy probably made it himself.

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Martel:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

Aj

Thats Exactly it! So now it all makes since... i was at a herf for a bunch of local machinest, the guy probably made it himself.

Aj

IF I had the tools, the materials, and the skills, I'd definitely give it a try.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use one of these....... photo oldschooltool_zps54fe8a3a.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    I like that shark tooth looking one. Never seen anything like that before.
  • Options
    twistedstem:

That looks like a medieval torture device.

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I use my Xikar V cutter on almost everything. Will use a guillotine sometimes on torps and stuff of the like
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

Introducing the original portable circumcision device, made popular in the early 17th century.... Ouch.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

Introducing the original portable circumcision device, made popular in the early 17th century.... Ouch.
    One look at that thing could get me to change my religion.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehehat:
    90+ Irishman:
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

One look at that thing could get me to change my religion.
    i saw some rather interesting ones in a musuem awhile ago,so when scooter posted this i thought it would be funny to post one of the more "interesting"looking ones...
    no matter where you go, there you are.