Home General Discussion
Options

Cigars at high altitude.

I'm in the second week of a vacation above Durango, CO (7,500') and have been having a few issues with my stogies. I'm using a 15 ct herfador and I can keep the rh in an acceptable range. Smoking them, however, has been a bit difficult. Most just don't make it past 1/2 way without plugging or blowing up. Any suggestions out there?

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Colorado bro! Limited humidity up there plays tricks on your sticks, just the way it is. Im at 5K feet and have some issues my self. Enjoy your stay my friend, your in gods country.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    PM Brett

-TJ3K

Sorry Rick.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same exact happened to me when I went from Dull-Aware to Idaho Falls. Everything was blowing up.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I didnt know this was possible. i have been dealing with these issues all along and thought i was just stupid. I live at 5400.... are there any cures for this? is it the pressure?
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I live at around 5300 and don't have any issues, but I suspect that is due to the low humidity. I'm actually about an hour south of Durango.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    okay... well maybe i am just stupid... lmao! I thought i was keeping my box too dry because they always tend to just split down towards the cap. Was originally keeping mine at 69% but they just burned way too fast and hot like tumbleweeds. so i run my box at 72% now and they smoke great but tend to split still... like they dry out way too fast or something once exposed to the air
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'll be back in the sweet, thick, warm humidity of South Louisiana tomorrow night. I shall enjoy a whole cigar.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!