Home General Discussion
Options

New humidor suggestions

Ive been looking at the thousands of humidors available on the market .....choices range from plastic tubs to mahogany inlay with jewels ( really?) it's a daunting task to find something practical that will hold 300 cigars or so.... Any suggestions guys???

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    i absolutely love my Dome. Thick wood that really keeps my rh stable, and its nice and sturdy. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-EVHUM6-250 . Other than that, make a coolerdor.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Steal one of Jims ! LOL
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're thinking you'll end up keeping 300 cigars, think 600. Maybe a cooler and humidor combination would work. It's all a matter of your preference on the humidor you choose but if you want to start with something cheap that works well, the Southport Large that cigar.com sells for $70 can be bought on the sprint sale for around $40. It'll hold around a hundred or more depending on the cigar's sizes. I have one and the aroma is fantastic. Best smelling humidor I have. I use a combination of coolers and desktop humidors that I've accumulated. As for a cooler, I like the coleman xtreme line of coolers. They have extra insulation built into them and the lid is insulated too. Most regular coolers don't have insulated lids.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Steal one of Jims ! LOL
    Told ya you'd be looking to go bigger...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Just bite the bullet and buy an end table cabinet for $300 and be done with it. They are attractive pieces of furniture that can go in any room. Of course if you go the bead route, it will be closer to $375 with two hygrometers and the beads but you shouldn't ever have to buy anything else except cigars.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Question also is do you want something JUST for storage, ie you don't care how it looks, or do you want something that will be out where people will see it? The first one is easy, cooler. The second will cost ya. This thread shows what some of the guys around here have, to give you some ideas if you haven't looked at it already. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/549408.aspx
  • Options
    http://myarmiscompleteagain.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/humidor-1.jpg That is the one I have. The bottom drawers come out but not the other ones with handles. It's a 300 count with a shelf in it and some dividers come along with it. It was around 100-120 bucks I can't remember. Had it for over 3 years now and it's served me well :)
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Thanks everyone.... The suggestions are very helpful....Sounds like Im on the right track.... appreciate it..
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Tupperware????
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    tupperdor, coolador, wineador, humidor...they all work.
  • Options
    soyouseesoyousee Posts: 40
    I have the Duomo Display Dome on my desk with an Havana Foot Locker over in the corner. If I started over knowing what I know now I would get one with drawers.