Home Non Cigar Related
Options

deer/elk antlers

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
My dog really loves chewing on antlers. However they are crazy expensive in pet stores. Any of you botls hunt and have some antlers layin around? Just curious to see if maybe someone would want to sell or trade them off?
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    my dogs love them also, during deer season I used to go to the butcher he always had them laying in a pile out back and let me take whatever i wanted....sadly we moved away a few weeks ago, he made awesome deer sausage as well. If I come across some packed away i will let you know, but at the pace we are unpacking that could be a decade or more lol
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    My dog really loves chewing on antlers. However they are crazy expensive in pet stores. Any of you botls hunt and have some antlers layin around? Just curious to see if maybe someone would want to sell or trade them off?
    Our dog just discovered these too (that's what we get for taking her to pet store with us).
    Need to ask in-laws about it, they're "out in the country" and they all hunt and have a couple good local butchers too....if I can score some I will let you know.

Thinking you might need to create an #AntlerStand, for dogs of course ;-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    danielzreyes:
    Our dog just discovered these too (that's what we get for taking her to pet store with us).
    Need to ask in-laws about it, they're "out in the country" and they all hunt and have a couple good local butchers too....if I can score some I will let you know.

Thinking you might need to create an #AntlerStand, for dogs of course ;-)
    I actually saw someone on instagram making cigar stands out of antlers. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    You should PM Matt McCartney, marine James was a hunter and later this month I will see them hangin out of pick-ups.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    You should PM Matt McCartney, marine James was a hunter and later this month I will see them hangin out of pick-ups.
    Is he still around?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    Is he still around?
    If you ask....I'm sure they will respond.
  • Options
    Bump. I see a few hunting talk goin in out there :)