Home General Discussion
Options

What's your ideal place to smoke?

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
...alone on the deck in the rain. Does that make me pathetic?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Sounds relaxing. And cigars help me relax. So sounds good to me. I'd say I'd like to smoke on a quiet beach or on a mountain.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately its been where ever my dog takes me. Yoyo
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Outside on a cool night by a fire.
  • Options
    Anywhere that's not freezing cold. I like to smoke out on our screened in porch. But winter is coming and I'd rather not smoke in 40 and below weather. I've had to for years and I refuse to do it now! Luckily I got a B&M to go to...they got a fireplace :). If only I could smoke inside...
  • Options
    Right here in my man cave, or outback by the fire pit
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking with others trying the same smoke to compare results, but usually doesn't happen like that.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:

If it does, then we're both pathetic. But I don't think so. I like my own company just fine :)

Ideal outdoor conditions would be little or no wind. Not too hot or cold. No mosquitoes.

Ideal indoor conditions for me would be hard to accomplish because I don't like smoke hanging around in the air so I've never experienced any ideal indoor conditions. I've been in places where they have those units that supposedly remove smoke but they couldn't keep up with the volume of smoke. I suppose you could design an ideal indoor environment that would include major exhaust ventilation. But depending on the weather you might have to either heat or cool the fresh air that is being brought in.

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    +1.................no rain....
    or the outdoor fire pit

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually smoke alone on my patio. I built it to be comfortable years ago and planted plenty of trees and shrubs for ambiance. It's my "winding down" place. I enjoy it, too, when others drop by for a smoke but that doesn't happen very often.

In the winter, when it's too cold even by the firepit, I have my man cave in the garage with a recliner, reading lamp, heater, and an end table. Not fancy but comfy.

And, like Echambers, I particularly enjoy sitting out on the patio smoking in the rain - assuming the humidity problem doesn't mess with my stogie..... LoL. Life is good..... :-/)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    NO^^^

I hear you on the "alone" thing.
    I love having a cigar while tinkering around the garage ... I can shut the door, crank up the music/sports radio/etc., bang on something with a hammer, play around with power tools, or just sit and relax.
    It's nice to get some "alone" time --- where I can just "tune out" the rest of the world.

Hard to pick a favorite spot though....
    Probably sitting on the front porch swing early on a Saturday or Sunday morning with a hot cup of coffee and nice CT wrapped cigar. Early when there's not many people out/cars on the street and all you can hear is the birds chirping.
    Just nice, quiet, and peaceful. Dog's relaxing in the grass chewing on a bone, wife's reading a magazine next to me, and I got a good cigar and cup'o'joe, and maybe something to read.
    Perfect way to start the day.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, not during Winter! Though it's a challenge to enjoy one outside and come out of it alive. I prefer dusk in the Summer and watching the birds and just listening. I do enjoy a good Herf it's fun to get together with the guys and BS that's why I like the Vherf.
  • Options
    Definitely the front porch. Enjoy the quietness and watching the seasons change.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    In my shop sitting in my easy chair feet up glass of chilled wild turkey on the side.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    In my single car garage with the garage door open and four windows open to get a nice cross breeze to clear the smoke. I just sit in there w/ my laptop and stare at you guys.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    In my single car garage with the garage door open and four windows open to get a nice cross breeze to clear the smoke. I just sit in there w/ my laptop and stare at you guys.
    In the alleyway outside Jiunn's garage, watching him!

Okay, not really, but he was creeping me out with the whole "stare at you guys" thing.

I used to love my enclosed balcony, even in the winter because I had a space heater. Now, I have a much more comfortable back porch and I love smoking out here, rain or no. The best is a calm day with a little sun and right around the 70 degree mark. Even better if kids are in school, because that keeps the nearby skate park quiet. Nothing kills the traffic noise, except the neighbor's loud dog, but that's almost worse than the traffic. Still, it's mine.

There's a local cigar bar I've come to like, but the other side of the place is a bar/restaurant and can get a little too loud and crowded some nights. The cigar lounge stays pretty mellow, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    jliu:

Okay, not really, but he was creeping me out with the whole "stare at you guys" thing.

I used to love my enclosed balcony, even in the winter because I had a space heater. Now, I have a much more comfortable back porch and I love smoking out here, rain or no. The best is a calm day with a little sun and right around the 70 degree mark. Even better if kids are in school, because that keeps the nearby skate park quiet. Nothing kills the traffic noise, except the neighbor's loud dog, but that's almost worse than the traffic. Still, it's mine.

There's a local cigar bar I've come to like, but the other side of the place is a bar/restaurant and can get a little too loud and crowded some nights. The cigar lounge stays pretty mellow, though.
    My new favorite place to smoke is now in Mississippi. Back in elementary school, I had to learn how to spell your state. Til this day I go, M I S S - I S S - I P P I. Ok, you'll have to hear me say it to make sense.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Martel:
    jliu:

My new favorite place to smoke is now in Mississippi. Back in elementary school, I had to learn how to spell your state. Til this day I go, M I S S - I S S - I P P I. Ok, you'll have to hear me say it to make sense.
    +1
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Martel:
    jliu:

+1
    How about M I crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, humpback, humpback, I.......Your too young...LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Martel:
    jliu:

+1
    How about M I crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, humpback, humpback, I.......Your too young...LOL
    you trying to describe a sex position? tell me more tell me more like does he have a car
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    jliu:
    Martel:
    jliu:

+1
    My mom taught me this, and I tried teaching it to my kids. My wife said "shut up" because it was confusing them. My son still sticks in an extra "iss" if he's not careful. Me, I usually just tell people I live in Memphis, it's easier that way. Of course, I'm from Indiana. Went to college in LA. Grad school in Tennessee. All are fine places to smoke a cigar.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I normally smoke out on the back deck. That way I can make sure the dog is keeping us safe from those pesky squirrels, leaves, grass, air, & anything else that moves.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i enjoy going to a local cigar bar with the wife and my son,but my favorite place is out on the back patio at night.usually with my wife and or son..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Front porch swing or by firepit
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    At monica lews house! Lol
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    On the riverbank with a pole in the water on a 75 degree sunny day.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Lately its been where ever my dog takes me. Yoyo
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Here!

• Options
    Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    In my garage or in my backyard
  • Options
    This is the share courtyard space with our neighbor. She informed us that she no longer uses it so we can do whatever we want, thinking of putting an all season tent like thing out here, and enjoying my smoke in that...this is an olde picture from before we moved in, already put a nice bench, chair and fire pit out there, need to take a pic an upload it

shared space
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Front porch swing or by firepit
    yup. same here. i like to the front porch because its nice to watch the world go by.