Home General Discussion

Hey all you lurkers!

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lurkers! What's up? Why you no post?

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh they are lurking.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afraid of the Bombs! And not tech savvy. I take the knowledge I learn here, and use it. Perhaps now that the ice is broken, I will participate on occasion. I have been lurking since March 2012. Learned a lot.
  • Personally, I've had a run of bad cigar luck since joining and didn't want to make an entrance with ****. I'm anxiously awaiting a delivery of MOW Ruinations today, hoping that will give a change of pace.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck:
    Afraid of the Bombs! And not tech savvy. I take the knowledge I learn here, and use it. Perhaps now that the ice is broken, I will participate on occasion. I have been lurking since March 2012. Learned a lot.
    I've seen you around. You guys aren't entirely invisible. LOL Welcome :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gatetwelve:
    Personally, I've had a run of bad cigar luck since joining and didn't want to make an entrance with ****. I'm anxiously awaiting a delivery of MOW Ruinations today, hoping that will give a change of pace.
    Hope things get better. Welcome :)
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gatetwelve:
    Personally, I've had a run of bad cigar luck since joining and didn't want to make an entrance with ****. I'm anxiously awaiting a delivery of MOW Ruinations today, hoping that will give a change of pace.
    So, what is "bad cigar luck"?

That just leaves too much to the imagination....cat peed in the humidor?, wife found out those sticks didn't cost the same as the Swishers she saw at the drug store?, Spent your $ on a Gurkha sampler and 12 out of 16 wouldn't smoke?

The mind boggles.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos Umwhat:
    gatetwelve:

Spent your $ on a Gurkha sampler and 12 out of 16 wouldn't smoke?

Wow...this. I got a Gurkha sampler. I can't attest to all of them since I got so frustrated that I stopped smoking them after 5. Two exploded (actually heard them "POP", then split and literally fell apart in my hand), another two had bad wrapper unraveling issues, and the last had a combination of problems.

But, USPS just dropped off new Cuban Crafters cutter and a MOW sampler. The thought of having a cigar is starting to sound good, instead of infurating.
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the MoW!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    gatetwelve:
    Amos Umwhat:
    gatetwelve:
    Wow...this. I got a Gurkha sampler. I can't attest to all of them since I got so frustrated that I stopped smoking them after 5. Two exploded (actually heard them "POP", then split and literally fell apart in my hand), another two had bad wrapper unraveling issues, and the last had a combination of problems. But, USPS just dropped off new Cuban Crafters cutter and a MOW sampler. The thought of having a cigar is starting to sound good, instead of infurating.
    Your second sampler should be better, also think you need some with some age....just pm your addy I can probably help....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to quote Star Wars on the above statement, " it's a trap!" Lol
  • I've gotta say...I've not had any more issues with Gurkha cigars than any other brand. And I've smoked a hella lot of Gurkhas. At least 50 of their blends. You get one that unravels sometimes...but the rate is no higher than anybody else. For example, the Perdomo Habano...you look at it cross-eyed and the wrapper splits and unravels...good cigar...terrible construction. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    I've gotta say...I've not had any more issues with Gurkha cigars than any other brand. And I've smoked a hella lot of Gurkhas. At least 50 of their blends. You get one that unravels sometimes...but the rate is no higher than anybody else. For example, the Perdomo Habano...you look at it cross-eyed and the wrapper splits and unravels...good cigar...terrible construction. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few...
    Interesting. My first Perdomo Habano did exactly that! Many many more did not, not even once more. I do sometimes feel bad dissing Gurkha, because the tobacco itself is usually top quality, making it even more frustrating when I seem to only get about a 50% smoke rate from them. Same humidor, weeks to months of rest, just like all the other brands that don't unravel, blow up, canoe, etc.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Jasonc1982:
    I've gotta say...I've not had any more issues with Gurkha cigars than any other brand. And I've smoked a hella lot of Gurkhas. At least 50 of their blends. You get one that unravels sometimes...but the rate is no higher than anybody else. For example, the Perdomo Habano...you look at it cross-eyed and the wrapper splits and unravels...good cigar...terrible construction. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few...
    I'd say you should buy a lottery ticket because you have some good luck. I've smoked a ton of gurkhas there is actually a few blends I used to enjoy but they have to be the most unreliable cigars I've ever set eyes on. I know different people have different experiences but at this point I've written off gurkha completely. But hey enjoy them! If i hadn't already sent out all gurkhas I had left to a brother on here I'd be sending them your way, either way pm me your addy just incase I find a few...
  • Jasonc1982:
    The whole reason I grabbed the Gurkhas was because years ago an old buddy of mine would smoke them every weekend when we fished. He raved about them and never seemed to have any construction issues. Beyond the rage they gave me, I really did enjoy the Beast and Centurian. I'd take responsibility for one of those unwraps - I mangled the cap with the Colibri grip cutter that I could never seem to get the hang of.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    gatetwelve:
    Amos Umwhat:
    gatetwelve:
    Wow...this. I got a Gurkha sampler. I can't attest to all of them since I got so frustrated that I stopped smoking them after 5. Two exploded (actually heard them "POP", then split and literally fell apart in my hand), another two had bad wrapper unraveling issues, and the last had a combination of problems. But, USPS just dropped off new Cuban Crafters cutter and a MOW sampler. The thought of having a cigar is starting to sound good, instead of infurating.
    Your second sampler should be better, also think you need some with some age....just pm your addy I can probably help....
    Welcome to the forum, Ryan. One of the big perks of being active on a forum like this is getting some great advice to avoid future pitfalls/gurkhas. Also, Mike's help is also a big perk here....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum, Ryan. One of the big perks of being active on a forum like this is getting some great advice to avoid future pitfalls/gurkhas. Also, Mike's help is also a big perk here....
    Thanks for the welcome. I've noticed now, but of course didn't even know the forums existed until after ordering. Some threads here realigned my expectations on the Gurkhas before they got to my door, so the experience wasn't altogether surprising.