Home General Discussion
Options

Camacho Triple Maduro

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Has anyone noticed any changes in this smoke.....It was one of my favorites...then I got in on deal last spring and thought I got a steal.....was a little disappointed in the sticks but they were fine...just not knock my socks off....still have a few left.....I didn't think much of it except maybe my tastes changed..

But then I see Davidoff now owns the brand (not a bad thing)...I also see it on "deal" a lot which makes me think maybe it has been cheapened or something during the switch....or perhaps the new company can offer it at better prices....not sure...

I don't know....just speculating but would love opinions from those who know this cigar...

Comments

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Davidoff aquired Camacho about 4 months after you joined and you just heard about it now?!

Everything is a matter of perception, the blend hasn't changed. They may be trying to get rid of the old stock with the old branding. Camacho rebranded and consolidated their blends, so if anything, the blend may have changed during that. I'll have to reserve judgement until I smoke the new stuff. But that's relatively recent, within the last 6 months.

Any deals you see will have the stylized "C" in the band. That's the old stock. The new labels have the psuedo "edgy and cool" look like some kid fresh out of college designed it. And it has scorpions, those are sooooo cool....
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoyed those but all of mine are pre Davidoff. Have no idea if things changed but I see scorpions on a band as being a good thing as well.
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    Davidoff aquired Camacho about 4 months after you joined and you just heard about it now?!

Everything is a matter of perception, the blend hasn't changed. They may be trying to get rid of the old stock with the old branding. Camacho rebranded and consolidated their blends, so if anything, the blend may have changed during that. I'll have to reserve judgement until I smoke the new stuff. But that's relatively recent, within the last 6 months.

Any deals you see will have the stylized "C" in the band. That's the old stock. The new labels have the psuedo "edgy and cool" look like some kid fresh out of college designed it. And it has scorpions, those are sooooo cool....

Yes.  Just heard about it.   Didn't realize it was that long ago...my mistake..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know this, but I haven't been following it. glad I have another sealed box.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    ZAP:
    Has anyone noticed any changes in this smoke.....It was one of my favorites...then I got in on deal last spring and thought I got a steal.....was a little disappointed in the sticks but they were fine...just not knock my socks off....still have a few left.....I didn't think much of it except maybe my tastes changed..

But then I see Davidoff now owns the brand (not a bad thing)...I also see it on "deal" a lot which makes me think maybe it has been cheapened or something during the switch....or perhaps the new company can offer it at better prices....not sure...

I don't know....just speculating but would love opinions from those who know this cigar...
    If you're saying last spring, and it was a deal, well chances are you have the original banded triples. Nothing had changed at the point you bought them most likely. The reason you probably found an awesome deal was because they wanted to unload all old stock before the new band and new release. Supposedly they're the same but I can't give my thoughts, I'm still smoking about 15 left in an old box. Now if you want to get my opinion, you're smoking newer stock compared to the others you smoked in the past, ones that weren't aged a few years because they wanted to empty the inventory to prepare for the new bands after being bought out. I wouldn't worry, I would however rest them for a few months to a few years if you truly feel they aren't up to the standards of your previous triples. I would guess you will be pleased after some aging.
  • Options
    blurr:
    ZAP:

If you're saying last spring, and it was a deal, well chances are you have the original banded triples. Nothing had changed at the point you bought them most likely. The reason you probably found an awesome deal was because they wanted to unload all old stock before the new band and new release. Supposedly they're the same but I can't give my thoughts, I'm still smoking about 15 left in an old box. Now if you want to get my opinion, you're smoking newer stock compared to the others you smoked in the past, ones that weren't aged a few years because they wanted to empty the inventory to prepare for the new bands after being bought out. I wouldn't worry, I would however rest them for a few months to a few years if you truly feel they aren't up to the standards of your previous triples. I would guess you will be pleased after some aging.

Good thought on them being younger....that probably explains it..