Home General Discussion

Beware of the infused oust fans

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought it would be good to circulate the air in my coolers. A while back I bought 2 oust fans online but the fans themselves were infused with the scent of the sealed bottle of "jasmine juice". The Oust fans have been out of production so long that they must have been in the packaging for years. I'm letting them air out but so far they are holding the scent. So I still have no real circulation in there. I've not worried about it too much. Is circulation really that necessary?

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I never had any source of air circulation in my coolers or my cabinet, and it was never an issue. Just make sure you open it up and rotate your sticks a little every so often.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I never had any source of air circulation in my coolers or my cabinet, and it was never an issue. Just make sure you open it up and rotate your sticks a little every so often.
    Rotating sticks is something I've not been doing ( on purpose anyway ). How much of a difference will it make? I realize that the answer to that question may be subjective. There may not be any way to scientifically measure the positive effects of rotating stock. It seems to make sense though. But what about storage of whole boxes and loose sticks inside boxes? They don't get rotated do they?
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Rotating might matter if you have a huge cabinet. If you don't, I wouldn't bother. I have a cooler, but I never rotate anything as I don't see the point. The top will be more humid than the bottom and the differential between them might be 1-2 points at most given that it has a volume of 36 qts.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I had a beach cooler completely full of single cigars, so I felt like they needed to rotate every once in a while. If your cooler isn't jam packed and there is room for the air to move around on its own, just opening it every once in a while is probably sufficient. Alot of it goes back to what you said, its really subjective.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Have one Oust fan from Secret Santa last year...Thanks Goldy... Anywho, of ya want just pick up small dc fan from radio shack, thinking of building a couple with timers, shouldn't be that hard...
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...