Home General Discussion

A nail in my cigar

Comments

• Gurkha Prize Fighter. 6x60...top portion of ash fell off and the nail almost with it...had to take a picture quick...and the damn camera was a POS. Needless to say I contacted Gurkha and my local B&M. I wanted to warn my local B&M...the owner has apparently seen this before.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    is it really a nail or a big ass stem?
  • It was a nail. I'm pissed that the cam wasnt working right. I pulled it out (stupid me...cant find the nail now) burnt me so I took a pic of that.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That's messed up, how would that even happen?
  • Apparently the owner of my B&M has seen it before. They are made in wooden shacks you know...so maybe one fell from the ceiling. When I first saw it I was like "WTF?!" At least the B&M is gonna give me a free cigar of my choosing. *cough Cohiba Diamante Edicion cough*
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Heh the rolling factories are not falling apart. The 2 most common things found in cigars are tacks like this one and strands of plastic. Once the tobacco is harvested the tobacco is tied in bundles called hands. These hands are then nailed up in the curing barns to age and cure using those tacks. Now they do go through a destemming process afterwards and sorting so its rare that something like this happens but it can happen.
  • Wow, I guess that's why you always see metal detectors on food production lines on shows like "How It's Made". Stuff happens. Bizarre, though.
  • Ahh thnx for the explanation Andrew :). But I did send a nastygram to Gurkha's facebook. I'll probably just get corporate mumbo jumbo. But at least I'll get a free cigar out of it.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    A great picture of your grass and mulch though. : )
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Ahh thnx for the explanation Andrew :). But I did send a nastygram to Gurkha's facebook. I'll probably just get corporate mumbo jumbo. But at least I'll get a free cigar out of it.

If they can't be bothered to do a QC check to avoid this sort of stuff, why would you want another one where you might potentially get some other 'surprise' (other than the usual Gurkha bs)?
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of Gurkha but they sure do get extra points for putting together a macho cigar that substitutes nails for glue.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2:
    Not a big fan of Gurkha but they sure do get extra points for putting together a macho cigar that substitutes nails for glue.
    Awesome dude, LMAO
    Welcome to the forum!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the nail! ... You have an albino python in your yard!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Forget the nail! ... You have an albino python in your yard!

LOL ! Either that or that boy is hung !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha.... Top notch cigars. Lol that's unreal.
  • allsmokedup:
    Jasonc1982:
    Ahh thnx for the explanation Andrew :). But I did send a nastygram to Gurkha's facebook. I'll probably just get corporate mumbo jumbo. But at least I'll get a free cigar out of it.

If they can't be bothered to do a QC check to avoid this sort of stuff, why would you want another one where you might potentially get some other 'surprise' (other than the usual Gurkha bs)?
    I meant from my local B&M. Gonna stay off Gurkha for a bit hehe.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's amazing. How do you hand roll that?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    just be greatful it was a roach or a rat **** or something that would have burned right along with it.... a nail isnt so bad.... but bad enough.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Never seen a nail in a cigar before. On a side note, was watching a show on coffee, and they metal detect the large burlap bag of beans before shipping. The most common item found.....AK rounds...
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Sure this isn't just some of Gurkhas new edgy marketing?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen or heard of anything like this unless you bought Cubans on the beach in Mexico. Heard those are full of whatever they sweep off the floor. I would bring this to the attention of Gurkha if it were me. I am sure they would want to make it right and maybe they can figure out some QC issues based off the codes on the box in the shop. IDK but it isn't right.
  • jsnake:
    Never seen or heard of anything like this unless you bought Cubans on the beach in Mexico. Heard those are full of whatever they sweep off the floor. I would bring this to the attention of Gurkha if it were me. I am sure they would want to make it right and maybe they can figure out some QC issues based off the codes on the box in the shop. IDK but it isn't right.
    I've already contacted Gurkha. I posted on their Facebook page the pictures so all could see. And I privately messaged them with the same things. They apologized and asked for my contact information and are going to contact me soon...apparently. I might have to nudge them...and by nudge I mean shove. And no I didn't buy them in Mexico hehe. At my local B&M.
  • danielruas:
    Sure this isn't just some of Gurkhas new edgy marketing?
    My buddy was joking about that lol.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Given that Gurkha's tend to blow up on ignition, you were practically smoking a pipe bomb!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Ken Light:
    Given that Gurkha's tend to blow up on ignition, you were practically smoking a pipe bomb!
    Geez I never thought of it that way lol.
  • Ken Light:
    Ha ha, Gurkha - IRA Special
  • TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    Jasonc1982: "Ahh thnx for the explanation Andrew :). But I did send a nastygram to Gurkha's facebook. I'll probably just get corporate mumbo jumbo. But at least I'll get a free cigar out of it." That's one way to get free cigars. OR sued for Libel...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Heh the rolling factories are not falling apart. The 2 most common things found in cigars are tacks like this one and strands of plastic. Once the tobacco is harvested the tobacco is tied in bundles called hands. These hands are then nailed up in the curing barns to age and cure using those tacks. Now they do go through a destemming process afterwards and sorting so its rare that something like this happens but it can happen.
    yup... rare that it can happen but it can happen. i have seen the colored threads before and knew how that could happen, but metal is a very different thing.

id be surprised if it was any other brand. since it is a Gurkha, no amount of back-peddling will fix this issue. they have already tainted their own reputation too much.

may as well have named this thread "a nail in the coffin for Gurkha"
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Texvet:
    Jasonc1982: "Ahh thnx for the explanation Andrew :). But I did send a nastygram to Gurkha's facebook. I'll probably just get corporate mumbo jumbo. But at least I'll get a free cigar out of it." That's one way to get free cigars. OR sued for Libel...
    It's not like he planted the nail...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Ken Light:
    Texvet:
    It's not like he planted the nail...
    Yea I didn't plant the thing. And I have photographic evidence. They've been contacting me cordially so I doubt sueing is on their mind. But I see your point Texvet.