Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Hugemoose:
    Watched Rugby with my father and drank good ol' Yuengling Lager from the Keg. We actually kicked it tonight so I have to go get another one tomorrow. Given that it is made almost around the corner from us, it is the go to beer. I just love the stuff; there is nothing more refreshing than a Lager when it comes to beer.
    a good cold Yuengling on a hot summer day....

dreams are made of this.

Yuengling from a Keg... I've never had Yuengling, I love beer... But Keg's are illegal in my state... I'm trying to set my work and school life up so I can move out of state and experience a real B&M and REAL BEER!!... This watered down Utah crap sucks...

But I'll be enjoying a Heineken Dark Lager tonight.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    I had, of course, Miller Lite tonight.... and ALSO Fat Tire... Very good beer (The Fat Tire.... OBVIOUSLY the MILLER is always good!)

i'VE SUNG THE PRAISES OF fAT tIRE MANY TIMES YUM YUM
    you ever check out that 1554 I was telling you about?

I may just do that this evening cholmes ...thanks for reminding me...will report back tonight ...
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Still just drinking coffee and bottled water. The countdown is on though. I will be home 8 October drinking Crown Royal Reserve and smoking a Camacho Pre-Embargo...Classic.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    I had, of course, Miller Lite tonight.... and ALSO Fat Tire... Very good beer (The Fat Tire.... OBVIOUSLY the MILLER is always good!)

I may just do that this evening cholmes ...thanks for reminding me...will report back tonight ...

Picked up the 1554 on the way home ...pretty good stuff I'll give it that ...but I'm still gonna have to say I enjoy the Fat Tire more ...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    About to have my 1st coffee of the day.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I called up an old friend today... Miller Lite...

He's always there and ready to listen to my problems...

Right now My problem is that I don't have central air and I'm sweating like a fat kid in-line at customs with a few boxes of Cubans... with a heater blowing on him
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:

Picked up the 1554 on the way home ...pretty good stuff I'll give it that ...but I'm still gonna have to say I enjoy the Fat Tire more ...
    Kinda 50/50 with that stuff. Everyone i know agrees it's good, but about half enjoy one or the other more. Glad ya liked it regardless.
  • Options
    I had my favorite bourbon at about 10 am - Eagle Rare. Excellent bourbon as always!
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    cholmes8310:
    I had my favorite bourbon at about 10 am - Eagle Rare. Excellent bourbon as always!
    While Bourbon is not my drink of choice I do enjoy the morning cocktail from time to time. Is there anything better than beer with breakfast on a Sunday morning? That is what I love about living on the West coast. The early NFL game starts at 10:15 AM, must be time to start drinking if football is on right?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Hugemoose:
    Watched Rugby with my father and drank good ol' Yuengling Lager from the Keg. We actually kicked it tonight so I have to go get another one tomorrow. Given that it is made almost around the corner from us, it is the go to beer. I just love the stuff; there is nothing more refreshing than a Lager when it comes to beer.
    a good cold Yuengling on a hot summer day....

dreams are made of this.

That is awesome, I love Yuengling. I actually have a few stories revolving around it....ah, the memories. Apparently they do not sell it in Lousiana however, so that sucks. I did have a couple of glasses of JW Green yesterday, and a couple of Sam Adams Summer Ales today.
  • Options
    jpclotfelter:
    cholmes8310:
    While Bourbon is not my drink of choice I do enjoy the morning cocktail from time to time. Is there anything better than beer with breakfast on a Sunday morning? That is what I love about living on the West coast. The early NFL game starts at 10:15 AM, must be time to start drinking if football is on right?
    Exactly. I will have to say for me that "eggs and kegs" is a staple on Saturdays. College football gameday kicks off at 9 CST, and I always watch it while eating breakfast and drinking beer. Watch every game on Saturdays - from the time the 11 o'clock game kicks off until the last one is over. Saturdays are a case minimum of Miller Lite! Sundays it's a couple pots of dark roast coffee to perk back up.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    jpclotfelter:
    cholmes8310:
    Exactly. I will have to say for me that "eggs and kegs" is a staple on Saturdays. College football gameday kicks off at 9 CST, and I always watch it while eating breakfast and drinking beer. Watch every game on Saturdays - from the time the 11 o'clock game kicks off until the last one is over. Saturdays are a case minimum of Miller Lite! Sundays it's a couple pots of dark roast coffee to perk back up.
    Someone say Miller Lite???
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    cholmes8310:
    jpclotfelter:
    cholmes8310:
    Get your own. Bashing me and comparin me to the Brits in Fun N Games. I'll keep my icy cold, refreshing, world beer cup championship winning, delicious Miller Lite to myself! HA!

in all honesty though, there is no better beer out there.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Lasabar:
    cholmes8310:
    jpclotfelter:
    cholmes8310:
    Get your own. Bashing me and comparin me to the Brits in Fun N Games. I'll keep my icy cold, refreshing, world beer cup championship winning, delicious Miller Lite to myself! HA!

Triple Hops Brewed means that I'd give my left nutt and my girlfriend for 24 friends..........
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Triple Hops Brewed means that I'd give my left nutt and my girlfriend for 24 friends..........
    That's awesome!
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Lasabar:
    cholmes8310:
    jpclotfelter:
    cholmes8310:

P.S. don't bring up other threads in this thread.... each thread gives me a different persona, and no one thread can be looked at in the same light... In this thread you may be Canadian.... or perhaps Venezuelan.... I don't know the details!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    I'll keep my icy cold, refreshing, world beer cup championship winning, delicious Miller Lite to myself! HA!

C'mon now, everyone knows Miller High Life is the best beer, it IS the champagne of beers after all. You can't be a low-life if you're drinking High Life!
  • Options
    schuppernog blush , miller lite and tortuga rum ...it has been a relaxing day !!!
  • Options
    I'm cheating on my steady lover Miller Lite and I got a hotel at the end of town with two six packs...

One of Harp and the other of Goose Island "Summertime"...

Harp is good and the SUMMERTIME is fantastic... (That's the German Klosch that I've talked about in an earlier thread)
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    just finished a 25oz of Karl Strauss Islands Gold brewed especially for Islands Restuarant. mmm tasty - think I am going to fill my growler of stone 13th anniversary this weekend ... I love San Diego brewing
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    A bottle of Yuengling Porter tonight.

Last night I made my own little concoction. Half Yuengling Lager, and half Yuengling Porter. I always have Lager on tap at home....so that part was easy. Bought the Porter case the other night and have been enjoying it. The half&half is quite good. I may make it a regular thing. So many wonderful flavors between the two....it is quite amazing.
  • Options
    Goose Island Summertime...

Although it is currently 59*F so it does not feel like Summer...
  • Options
    Michelob and some Duplin Scuppernog Blush (Thanks for the heads up Tony-Alien)
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a pint of Stella Artois tonight. If I had my druthers, I'd have this on tap on my kitchen counter!
  • Options
    Molson Canadian. The Keg of Yuengling is dry....
  • Options
    Right now its Tortuga Rum/Sierra Mist ...
  • Options
    I had some crap from the Rock Bottom Brewery in Milwaukee on the river... it sucked, all the beers had a distinct aftertaste that was harsh, It almost tasted like the beer was too "Young" if I could describe (I may be comparing it too much to cigars!)

Then I switched to Miller Lite and then right before I went to a play I had a Fat Tire... At least it ended on a good note
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    i feel sad for those that do not live next to stone brewing co - i had their chipotle smoked porter just now - one of the coolest tasting beer experiences i have had
  • Options
    A PJ tasting concoction and now on to my beloved Tortuga Rum/Sierra Mist
  • Options
    Good ol' Yuengling Lager from the tap tonight. My father and I shared 2 pitchers.