Home Ratings & Reviews

Cubano Fonseca Limitado Corona

I picked up 10 of these from a Quesada event at my local B&M about 5 months ago. I smoked 7 and gave 3 away (Should have just trashed them). I gave this cigar 7 different chances to give me a good experience and every single time it disappointed me. Smoked one just about every month I let them rest in my humi, and to the best of my knowledge they did actually mellow out in flavor every time I gave them a shot but the burn issues I had with them were ridiculous. The first few I tried just reminded me of how I think battery acid would taste, and the remaining few improved with age but still had that dank taste lurking in the background. They burned about like you could imagine a brown paper sack burning. Numerous re-lights and never a consistent ash. My overall experience with this vitola has been not so great. I may give a new vitola a shot in hopes of it being just a bad batch/size... Maybe? Long story short, I am sorry if you received one of these little guys form me, especially if you had the same experiences that I have had with them. I really thought they were gonna be great when I purchased them but in the end, I regret gifting them.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lol...I really liked that smoke, in that vitola too! Who knows man, maybe you got a bad batch. That's suck man, I;ve been there before.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Well, the reason I say it could have possibly been a bad batch (being that the 7 I smoked were not so great) is the burn issues I had. Every review I read about this stick is leaning towards it being a very solid smoke. . so who knows. Maybe mine just needed a lot more time to rest.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know for sure you sent me one of those in the PIF pass. No need to worry. I enjoyed it. I remembered thinking "I gotta remember this one". It seem like it was within the past two weeks that I smoked it. So it had just a little more rest on It since our pass in July. Don't remember how it burned. I do remember the flavor was good and it was something I'd buy again so my burn must not have been too bad.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Its possible you are smoking too fast, if you don't have experience or prefer smaller ring guages. I know a lot of newer smokers who think big rings are the shizzles, and they hate the first few coronas or lances they try. After smoking for a few years and slowing down their smoking style they learn they prefer coronas and lances. Not sure if you smoke other coronas with no issues, but next corona try to puff less frequently. Too much heat makes any fine leaf taste nasty.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    It very well could be that i smoke too fast. I've always had that problem. I like bigger ring guages because they tend to be more forgiving.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Bamablows:
    It very well could be that i smoke too fast. I've always had that problem. I like bigger ring guages because they tend to be more forgiving.
    Definitely try it on your next corona. Don't give up on the size, there IS a reason the cigar old timers have handed down the love for coronas, lonsdales and lanceros. It just takes a few months. I started on robustos and hated my first corona. After a few months of smoking I went back to that 5 pack and I was hooked. I only buy new blends in thin gauges anymore. And my regulars are from boxes of coronas with robustos for nights off. Maybe I'm just too busy anymore, but when I get an hour to relax I grab a corona or corona gorda and whiskey or scotch. But I'm getting old...at 32.