Home General Discussion

"Nah, it would never happen to me..."

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Johhny O? I had it happen to me recently with a Domus Magnus. I frooze everything after that. I actually think I may just randomly freeze stuff on a regular basis because I get so many for review and from BOTL you know.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man :( I feel your pain. I had a small problem like that. I say small because I was lucky enough to catch it in in time to avoid too much damage. I hope you can minimize your damage as well.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is a Johnny O. So this was in one of my 50 ct. The others are in cellos and NC. (don't ask why lol). Question, What is the chance that the whole humi being infected? I went through the humi and they all seem to be ok. Freeze or no freeze? That is the Question.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good that it was isolated to just one smaller humi :) And it's good that the others were in cello :) However, I would advise freezing everything that was in the 50 count. Vacuum the humi out. And if there are any cracks and crevices in the corners of the 50 count that you cant be sure that you vacuumed out, freeze the whole humi too. (only if it's a cheap humi) Freezer needs to be calibrated too. You need to be sure it's around zero degrees Fahrenheit. I freeze almost everything. Lemme know if I can advise you any further.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    It's good that it was isolated to just one smaller humi :) And it's good that the others were in cello :) However, I would advize freezing everything that was in the 50 count. Vacuum the humi out. And if there are any cracks and crevices in the corners of the 50 count that you cant be sure that you vacuumed out, freeze the whole humi too. (only if it's a cheap humi) Freezer needs to be calibrated too. You need to be sure it's around zero degrees Fahrenheit. I freeze almost everything. Lemme know if I can advise you any further.
    agreed better safe
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Ouch. It looks like you can still salvage some of it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Freeze. I don't do it since I haven't found any suspicious holes, but if I saw something like this, I'd be worried about the rest. If nothing else, do it for your peace of mind.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freeze everything! I found one that was still in cello that had a hole and one next to it that was questionable, I put the entire 600 ct humi in a deep freezer for a week, since then I freeze everything I get. I'm not sure if I will continue to over the winter or not, I might!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    It's the one cigar, but no telling. Beatles hatch, they don't infect. Conditions were optimal enough for them to hatch in that cigar, meaning they could've in others. Freeze dude...problem solved.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Freeze EVERYTHING bro. Upon receipt, upon order receipt, upon bomb receipt. The days of even ncs being safe are gone. The way I've seen these posts popping up the past year, and going thru 3 beetle instances myself, they won't admit it but a beetle issue is happening. Freeze..everything. They need to work this out. I'm aware the was a jo, and to be honest 2 of my 3 were overseas cigars if I know what I mean. Maybe it's just hsa has a serious issue. Either way we mix and mingle cigars, freeze everything.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My temps got too high once during seasonal changes and it happened. Put everything in the freezer. Only lost a few but that was a few too many. Don't have this happen to you. Take the precautions and freeze. Watch your temps. This is why I permanently moved my humidors into the basement.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Don't want to thread-jack here, but...is there a good reason to have split it in half rather than smoking it?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Don't want to thread-jack here, but...is there a good reason to have split it in half rather than smoking it?
    Ive never experienced beetles before. Where the hole was, it felt almost hollow. Obviously the critter/s is running around in there. Im not about to smoke that noise lol. I broke it in half right where the hole was. What you're looking at wasnt tobacco. It was very sand like. Eggs maybe, beetle poo? ...... I dunno. I broke it 2 more times near the head and foot. Clean, flakes.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    And now I'm terrified it could happen to me, first thing I do when I get home from work today is go check my humis.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:
    Ive never experienced beetles before. Where the hole was, it felt almost hollow. Obviously the critter/s is running around in there. Im not about to smoke that noise lol. I broke it in half right where the hole was. What you're looking at wasnt tobacco. It was very sand like. Eggs maybe, beetle poo? ...... I dunno. I broke it 2 more times near the head and foot. Clean, flakes.
    Yikes, ok, those are good reasons!! LoL
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.