Home General Discussion
Options

Tobacco

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
What does I taste like? Lol I don't have any ideas as to what plain tobacco tastes like cause of all the other flavor notes in sticks. Input? Lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Any recommendations as to a stick that is primarily tobacco flavored?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i feel that the camacho havana before the rebend is close to what i would consider generic "tobacco"
  • Options
    There are some organic cigar brands...I suppose that may just have a plain tobacco taste.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that all depends on what you consider "generic" tobacco taste.
    It seems that each tobacco grown in different areas have their own flavor profile.

To ask what plain tobacco tastes like depends a lot on which tobacco or region the tobacco is from, that you are referring to.
    Cameroon tobacco has a far different flavor profile than Connecticut, so you can see how that simple question isn't quite that simple.

The flavor notes usually come from how the different tobaccos are blended and even how they are matured on the plant and then cured. So may variables created different flavor profiles.

The bottom line is, the tobacco that you consider "plain" tobacco may not be the same tobacco that others consider plain.

To me, if I was asked what tobacco I would consider plain, the first thing that comes to my mind is Connecticut. But ask another person and they may say a completely different tobacco from some other region.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Smoke a cigarette, bum one from a friend. Then you'll never ask this question again and go back to enjoying different regions of cigars.
  • Options
    I know this is gonna sound weird but... Smoke a cigarette???? Eeeeeew I will not poison my body with such rubbish! ;) lol j/k.

Any who yeah the point about the different types of tobacco really is beyond valid. I guess I'll set this taste finding mission aside and just enjoy a good stick and not ask "why" but ask "do I have enough time for another?" :)
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    It seems that each tobacco grown in different areas have their own flavor profile.

Eggs Ackley. Other than "infused" sticks, all your premium cigars are going to be natural plain tobacco. Cigarettes are all made with a "caseing" to make the brand's flavor consistent.But even Burley for cigarettes is hung in the barn to cure. I just visited a burley farmer a week and a half ago. He ages his two years. But what a diff between the fire cured, air cured, red tip, etc... all from the same plant. He sells organic leaf too. PM me and I'll hook you up.

If you want to try plain leaves of various strains, your can go to wholeleaftobaccollc.com get some leaves and roll your own. He's got all sorts.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)