Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Where to start...

First off I'm a very new person to this site but it is giving me a lot of great information and I'm appreciative. I'm 45 and only had first tried my first cigar a few weeks ago. I've always loved the smell of a good cigar.

What I would like to do is get some opinion on one what I start with mild or full-bodied since I know nothing,. And what should I start with in terms of brand and name. Without it costing me a fortune. So I figure something in the $8-$12 per cigar side.

Thanks in advance as I look forward to reading opinion and reasons of what I should start with

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jeff, where you from? I say start with the 5 Vegas line, anyone at ccom can get you into a nice sampler. Have fun!
  • Options
    Moved to Cigar 101.

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm in Santa Clara, California (Bay Area )

Thank you for the note.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey jeff. Welcome to cigar.com forum! I'm I'm the east bay tri valley area. My suggestion is to get some samplers going. If you're ever around to have a smoke together I can intro you to some stuff too.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Welcome to the Forums. It's a great place to start.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jeff..Welcome.. I have found that I have never been disappointed by anything by Arturo Fuentes. It doesn't have to be an Opus X, The regular line, Don Carlos, Hemingway, even Montesino. These (Montesino) can be gotten for under three bucks. Love them all. That is only one "brand". There is so much great stuff out there right now. Good luck on your quest for what will become your favorites.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Hey jeff. Welcome to cigar.com forum! I'm I'm the east bay tri valley area. My suggestion is to get some samplers going. If you're ever around to have a smoke together I can intro you to some stuff too.
    Welcome Jeff! Stick around and join the fun. I agree about the samplers but warn you about hanging out with this Jilu guy. He's dangerous.
  • Options
    You guys rock I know I have more than enough suggestions to get me through many many months based on what I feel my are going to be.