Home General Discussion
Options

November catalog

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had the Reposado '96s on page 22? Thoughts? Seems like a good price on some everyday smokes.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few. Been meaning to get around to trying them. Since you brought it up, I probably will fire one up in the AM.

We might could work a trade. I'll send you some sticks you haven't tried for some sticks I haven't tried. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmm.... Lemme think on that one. :)
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I think the Repo gets a pretty bad wrap on the forum. I remember searching them back when I was really intrested in them, didn't seem to find anything positive. Kept seeing the on SprintSale at a price almost to good to pass up.

BobLuken sent me two connecticuts for his newbie trade a while back and I had one just last summer (bummer summer is over). I really enjoyed the cigar, great flavor and not over powering for the size, mild but spicy with a pretty one dimensional flavor profile. It's a big boy but didnt seem to last as long as expected. I think AJ blends these, so it's really no suprise I was a fan.

There is a variety sampler on the site, but I'm not feeling the price on it. They come up on the DD @ 10 for about the same as the variety price. I think thats a little closer on the price point for me. Not sure if they still hit SprintSale. I try and stay off that site to keep my a$$ out of trouble. Back then the Maduro were hitting for around $75 bucks a Chest of 40 (killer deal!)!!!

Okay...........
    so after pissing and moaning about the price on the variety sampler I read further and found the sampler is 15 cigars and not 6 like the picture. I'm not deleting the above paragraph, but that sampler is right in my wheelhouse. If youd like to wheel and deal on spliting one up I'd be intrested.
  • Options
    I have a possible medical procedure coming up this month and my insurance isnt that great. So i wont be able to do anything cigar related till maybe December in case i have to drop a lot out of pocket on the procedure... ill keep these options in mind though! :)
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have a possible medical procedure coming up this month and my insurance isnt that great. So i wont be able to do anything cigar related till maybe December in case i have to drop a lot out of pocket on the procedure... ill keep these options in mind though! :)
    Hope everything turns out alright man.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I've got a few. Been meaning to get around to trying them. Since you brought it up, I probably will fire one up in the AM.

We might could work a trade. I'll send you some sticks you haven't tried for some sticks I haven't tried. PM me if interested.

Totally off topic, but as someone who was a linguistics major as an undergrad, and a Yankee transplant into the region where you live, you just used my favorite grammatical construction. "might could"
    And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Everything will turn out fine. Lol not really a super big procedure. Just a possibly expensive one. lol on top of that I recently got my humi refilled from the other end of my trade... So I either gotta smoke a ton this coming month to make room or wait a little longer anyway. Lol
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:

Totally off topic, but as someone who was a linguistics major as an undergrad, and a Yankee transplant into the region where you live, you just used my favorite grammatical construction. "might could"
    Any good ol' boys offered to take your yankee azz frog giggin' yet? You'd hear sum kinda' gramatical "construction" during that night. Probably so much "constructions" goin' on you might could build a pole barn with em'.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:

Any good ol' boys offered to take your yankee azz frog giggin' yet? You'd hear sum kinda' gramatical "construction" during that night. Probably so much "constructions" goin' on you might could build a pole barn with em'.
    Love it. No, no frog giggin' yet, but I was asked to play with some gators in a creek in Arkansas. They were little guys.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:

getting work done? No cash? Sounds like somebody needs a bomb!
  • Options
    NO!!!! I DO NOT NEED A BOMB!!!! Lol I've got a full humi and no backup storage!!!! Lol I appreciate the thought but will have to beg for mercy on this one! Lok
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    NO!!!! I DO NOT NEED A BOMB!!!! Lol I've got a full humi and no backup storage!!!! Lol I appreciate the thought but will have to beg for mercy on this one! Lok
    Don't worry Chaos I'll take the flack for yea! :D lol
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:

ah know, but it don't make me no nevermind, tha's jes the way they is.

Oh, and the Reposados are a bargain. Nothing over the top, but definitely a solid smoke for the price.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Jasonc1982:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Don't worry Chaos I'll take the flack for yea! :D lol

What he said! Lol I will nominate this character to take my flack for the month of November if anyone feels the need to cause carnage towards me. ;) Lol

As for the sticks being discussed... I may have to work up a trade with someone. Mr. Luken I will keep you posted.... As long as we go equal on each other that way you don't make me out grow my humi. Lol