Home Cigar 101

How early should I purchase Christmas cigars????

I want to give a box of cigars to my boss for Christmas to make a good impression. I was wondering how early I could purchase them that they would still taste fresh but insure he gets them on time. Does it hinder the flavor at all if they just sat on the counter for a week or two?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont sit them on the counter for a week or two. If you have no way of keeping them humidified i would wait till the last moment. the less they are out of a proper environment the better.

if you have a tupperware big enough to hold the entire box then a few weeks out shouldnt be an issue especially if you order them from cigar.com. Cigar.com does humidified shipping in most cases. if you call them on the phone and ask them to throw a water pillow in there they will be happy to. then place that water pillow and box of cigar in a tupperware container and seal it up. should be good to go for a few months.

and make sure the tupperware has no odor to it.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    This time of year you will see a lot of sales going on at those big box stores...Costco, Sams, BJ's,,etc. What they do is sell in bulk and will stack the boxes in the shopping area and they aren't being humidified at all and that's a shame even though the warehouses are at a good temperature. When I see them being hustled out and if they are brands I like I will buy them and then put them into a tupperador immediately after purchase. To see them laying around for weeks or even months makes me cringe. On the plus side....the stores sell them at a pretty good price point so get there early and buy them quick before they lay around so long they start getting dried out.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Use a sealing tupperware container or a ziploc with the humidified bag that Cigar.com sends out to keep everything fresh until just before gifting day.