Home General Discussion

Cigar repair (update)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So I know I saw a thread on this recently. But my search function in my phone is wonky. I have a stick in my humi that has split about an inch near the cap. Is there a cigar glue or tape to repair it?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it is "right" or not but I use Pectin and have not had any adverse effects.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    And how do you do that?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get Pectin at most grocery stores it's with the canning stuff, I use my pocket knife to dip out a little pile add a couple drops of distilled water, mix it up with my finger and rub it into the crack/split and voila you're done! It gels very quickly and forms a good seal.
    I will give it a shot! :) Its a mighty fine stick that i would hate to not enjoy.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credo El Torcedor Cigar Repair Glue or Credo El Ligador Cigar Glue seem to be a highly rated cigar glue.
    I've never personally tried it, but at one of the cigar rolling events I went to, the guy rolling had a bottle on his table.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used pectin for the glue and patches cut to the right size from an old wrapper leaf. There's a pretty good how to video on youtube. I'll try and post a link.

I'm gonna pick up some pectin this week and do some repairs. :) has anyone used rolling papers to patch parts or cover big splits? Saw a video of a guy doing that and wasn't sure if it was actually a worth while thing.
    0patience:
    Credo El Torcedor Cigar Repair Glue or Credo El Ligador Cigar Glue seem to be a highly rated cigar glue.
    I've never personally tried it, but at one of the cigar rolling events I went to, the guy rolling had a bottle on his table.

I am going to be near my B&M this week. I think I saw this at their counter at some point in time. Might check this out too. Kinda like the idea I premixed stuff. A little less work. Doesn't look cheap though.
    LiquidChaos66:
    I'm gonna pick up some pectin this week and do some repairs. :) has anyone used rolling papers to patch parts or cover big splits? Saw a video of a guy doing that and wasn't sure if it was actually a worth while thing.
    LOL you mean that BulletShogun guy? He's a little strange. LOL. I have my doubts that rolling papers would hold up but you could try it. I've only used patches of real tobacco wrapper and glued them on with pectin glue. Works great. But that's all I've tried..
    Yeah that's the guy! I sure as heck wasn't gonna try it myself. But it seemed interesting and a lot easier to get ahold of than loose tobacco leaves. Lol
    Not just any leaf. Wrapper leaf. All you need is a sacrificial cigar. I had one that was busted beyond repair but I saved the wrapper off of it for future repairs. Kinda like an organ donor.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    you want to get non-acidic pectin, i use bermocol from rollers choice
    Awesome! :) good info! I will try to find a leaf donor for future repairs. Lucky me it rainy and gross. So no trip out to get pectin today. Lol
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Awesome! :) good info! I will try to find a leaf donor for future repairs. Lucky me it rainy and gross. So no trip out to get pectin today. Lol
    Ah, the wonders of the Pathetic Northwest. LOL!
    I told my son to get some things done on my mom's house before the rains started and guess what?
    The rains have started. So now for the next 6-7 months, it's wet.
    At least in Portland, you have places you can get stuff.
    Unlike the north coast, where all we have is Costco and Fred Meyer.

Bet ya'll didn't know that 100 people drowned in Oregon last year. They fell off their bicycles. ROFL!
    Ok, you have to be a duck or beaver to get that one.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Lmfao!!!! Yeah it is a well known fact in these parts. Lol
    Picking up pectin and playing cigar doctor. Wish me luck!
  • Good Luck, let us know how it works out
    It's fun!
    How'd it go? You smoke any of your patched cicars yet?
    Haven't had a chance to play doctor yet. With my wife's grandma going down hill and passing over the last few days. I will more than likely do the repairs tonight. Then maybe smoke it this sunday.
    Made the repairs. Came out nice! Holding together well. As for how it will smoke... I dunno. Lol haven't smoked it yet.