Home General Discussion
Options

Conundrum

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, I realize I have a bit of a problem. I have a whitetail humidor I am seasoning right now. The hygrometer actually pops in from a hole in the front. It's analog, not digital. I'd like to do the salt test, so I can properly calibrate it. Should I just cover the hole, and test it? I have a digital also, in my larger humidor. So, should I just put the digital in there and calibrate off of it?

Comments

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    New Boots:
    So, should I just put the digital in there and calibrate off of it?

Yes, but if it turns out that you can't adjust to spec, just get another digital and throw it in.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Oh, and start looking at coolers. Hope you have much storage space after joining this place,lol!
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    New Boots:

Yes, but if it turns out that you can't adjust to spec, just get another digital and throw it in.
    I thought about it some more....silly me. I'm salt testing the digital right now, so I will just make sure its calibrated right, then calibrate the analog off of it. I'll probably end up with another digital, but until then...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    New Boots:

Or just make a small mark on the analog where you want to make sure your humidity stays, adjusted for being off. Even if that's "78" or something.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    In my experience the analogs don't work correctly. Leave it in place for decorative purposes but work with the digital one.