imageimage
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Seriously. What about the V, G, and O?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Seriously. What about the V, G, and O?
    ANYTHING that say's OLIVA is worth picking up. They ROCK!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I want to try the new Cain from Oliva, blended by Sam Leccia if I've got my info straight. All ligero fillers, a habano or maduro wrapper...mmm
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    El Cobre

then the V

the cain may give both a run for their money.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I want to try the new Cain from Oliva, blended by Sam Leccia if I've got my info straight. All ligero fillers, a habano or maduro wrapper...mmm
    That does sound nice.

I really like the Ligero and the Piloto tobacco's, and paired with a nice Habano wrapper, mmm.
    Having them made by Oliva sure doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    My favorite is the MBIII, then V Maduro, then V, then MBII, etc....

I did get a sampler of each of the cains and they look and smell very nice. It also came with a special F, which is rumored to be even stronger.
  • Options
    The V was very tasty
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a couple buddies try the Cain smokes monday night during out poker game. Both said it was very good and VERY full bodied. I really thought about trying one, but I went with the My Father Maduro.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    My Father Maduro? Is that another new one?
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    One that I always have in my humi is the Oliva G maduro. I love them! Next is the Master Blends 3. I have only had it once, but I really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I keep a couple boxes of Serie G 4.5 x 50 Cameroon robustos in my humi at all times, really nice thick smoke, kinda tangy, short smoke too. I like the Serie V best, but don't smoke that one on a daily basis.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Oh, and Oliv(i)a Newton John, still hot.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I haven't tried any Olivias, but I love the Nub Connecticut and the Nub Cameroon and enjoy the Habano if those count.

I do, however, have an Oliva Serie O torpedo in my humidor (I wanted a V but they were sold out, so I got the O). Still needs a few more weeks of rest before I can smoke it.

Also, I glanced at some reviews of the Master Blend III and holy hell! Rated 90 - 97! I think I'm gonna have to try one soon.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    MAJORdorMo:
    I haven't tried any Olivias, but I love the Nub Connecticut and the Nub Cameroon and enjoy the Habano if those count.

I do, however, have an Oliva Serie O torpedo in my humidor (I wanted a V but they were sold out, so I got the O). Still needs a few more weeks of rest before I can smoke it.

Also, I glanced at some reviews of the Master Blend III and holy hell! Rated 90 - 97! I think I'm gonna have to try one soon.
    the MBIII is a fantastic smoke...especailly after about 7 months in the humi.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just had my first MB3 last night and I loved it! I have the burns on my finger tips to prove just how great it was. I also love to serie O maduro, its my third favorite cigar behind the CAO anniversary maduro and the Padron 1964.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of the V and the O Maduro, the G didn't have quite anough flavor for me. I really want to try the Master Blends III but they are like 13$ at my B&M and I can't justify spending that much on a stick right now. What is this cain people are talking about?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    What is this cain people are talking about?
    It's the newest from Oliva, released last month. It is blended, so I've read, by Sam Leccia, the same guy who came up with the Nub...and we all know how that ended up. :) All ligero fillers from different growing regions in Nicaragua, which translates to a full bodied and full flavored cigar. Available in either a habano wrapper or a maduro. I'm sure I missed something, but that's it in general.
  • Options
    That sounds downright delicious!
  • Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Found this update via my account on LinkedIn; that being said I've never used this provider before so whatever. Here's the link:

At the bottom, Israel's comment.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The Oliva V in the double toro size. Unbelievably good.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Agreed. Or maybe the MB 2, or MB3. The G's are very tasty...
    Do I have to pick just one? Could I say my favorite Oliva is a lit one in my hand :)
  • Options
    betasynn:
    you should try it in the figurado size. i feel that the constantly changing ring gauge gives it another level of complexity.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Do I have to pick just one? Could I say my favorite Oliva is a lit one in my hand :)
    agreed, every Olivia I have ever had has been better than the last!
  • Options
    ok... i just picked up a Cain Maduro this weekend (while in Cincinnati).

it looks great. now i just have to let it sit a few weeks and all tell you guys all about it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ok... i just picked up a Cain Maduro this weekend (while in Cincinnati).

it looks great. now i just have to let it sit a few weeks and all tell you guys all about it.
    Oh man... I'm resisting the urge to go my local B&M
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love the V maduro, and the V isn't bad either but that is about it on the Olivia's for me, though I did like the barrel aged. Anyone have any thoughts on the Preferidos? I see they have the treasure chest of them. I've been wanting to give them a shot but they are rather pricey. I know I saw some of them in the urbster's humi but never got around to getting his thoughts on them.
  • Options
    Have not had them all, but many. I'm a dark stick frog myself and the Series O Maduro is my favorite out of the Oliva line. Plenty aged before you get them, but I give it another few weeks to settle. Medium body but outstanding wrap. Very complex. My Nicaraguan fishin buddy always brings me a few back when visiting home. Someday I'll go Tarpon fishin with him.