Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I found Pheebs...

A big storm blew in with high winds, blew several large branches off a tree next to my shop. 4 days later this little guy hopped onto my shoe and would not hop off, so now I have a baby squirrel I'm raising. He was wandering around the side door around 8 this morning, I walked up to him, he hopped on my shoe. I thought he'd hop off, but after a couple minutes he was hanging on tight. Made a "nest" for him, and at lunch went to the vet and got him some kitten milk and syrenges to feed him (no needles, lol).

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Cabinet thats awsome ...hope he does well I'm sure you'll take good care of him. How are you on building a squirrel house??? Thats cool man ...does the vet feel you'll be able to raise him that way ?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just hope he doesn't get too comfortable... One day he's gonna be stretched out and the way you smoke Cabi you might mistake him for a vitola!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think his home was in my shop somewhere, because when I turned my machines on, he curled up and went right to sleep. He should also be quite used to the cigar smoke too, lol. The vet I went to to get the supplies to feed him, they also had a baby squirrel that they were taking care of; they gave me all the directions I needed - Google.

As far as building him a house.... as soon as he's weened, he's gonna be a backyard squirrel. Cardboard and paper towels are high tech compares to the leaves and twigs I'm sure he was using.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome man, I'd love a pet squirrel. You have a name for him?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    You have a name for him?
    pheebs....

that is cool. gunna get a cage or something?
  • Options
    I've got oak and pecan trees in the backyard, I think he'll do fine without a cage. I do have a cat carrier that'll do for a short time.

He was up almost every hour last night hungry, so I'm pretty wiped out today already, lol..
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cabinetmaker:
    I've got oak and pecan trees in the backyard, I think he'll do fine without a cage. I do have a cat carrier that'll do for a short time.

He was up almost every hour last night hungry, so I'm pretty wiped out today already, lol..
    Are your nipples sore?

Ok I'm sorry. But you know Lassy would have asked that or worse if I hadn't done it :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Are your nipples sore?

Ok I'm sorry. But you know Lassy would have asked that or worse if I hadn't done it :)
    fantastic
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Are your nipples sore?

Damn if only I would have seen this thread before lunch. Haha good one man. Having a new daughter myself this was the first thing I thought of too.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Are your nipples sore?

LMAO!

Another one wandered in the shop today, so now I have 2.....2.....I need to have my head examined.... cute little buggers, though.
  • Options
    One more and you got and Entree!!!
  • Options
    They slept through the night last night...WOO HOO!!!!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    They slept through the night last night...WOO HOO!!!!
    Now at least you got someone to protect your nuts!!!
  • Options
    Here's a new pic of Pheebs:

And here's Nibbler:

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    man...who knew baby squirrels were so durn cute...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    VERY KEWL. You must have something the animals like. They have good judgement when it comes to people.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Yeah, my hamster got excited when he saw these photos too! Damn it. U make me feel awful. I have been taking such badly for him as of recent. I haven't cleaned him for a month and sent him in the basement cause he stinks :(... Damn it. I gotta clean him up this weekend...
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, I feel honored.... but really nice of you to take him in like that. I have met a few people that have rescued or found baby squirrels and raised them. They bond rather well but usually with one person. How good of a pet do you find him? better than say a hamster or gerbil? From the people I've met they seem to think they are more frisky and more social.
  • Options
    Cool looking critter. I hope everything works out for you and your new mascot.
  • Options
    One is more social than the other, neither are pets. I'm gonna keep them over winter and release them in t he spring. They are much better than hamsters or gerbils (except einstin, of course) and the energy they have is amazing. They will jump straight up in the air, spin and flip, then land and do it again, and then just look at me like "what?"...
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    (except einstein, of course)
    Thanks! BTW - do you have any more photos? I would love to see how they are. Recently ready up on squirrels as pets and they seem very loving to their owners. Apparently they can even learn to come when called by name. To me they are like gerbils with OCD and uppers! hahaha... Cute though... I dont know why I felt like posting this photo. But here is a photo of a baby me and Beta found once while smoking outside. Its in Beta's shoe...

From Cigars

:)
  • Options
    A face only a mother could love.

Here's some recent pictures of the little nuts:image
  • Options
    Two things:

1. Cool freakin' photos... That's pretty awesome
    2. Beta needs new shoes...
  • Options
    Cool pics Cabi ...I think they're yours for life bro ...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    two of them, wow. my wife won't let me have a squirrel.... ::::sigh:::::
  • Options
    If I had a squirrel I'd name him "Fuzzy Nuts" like in Half Baked...

GIMME YOUR COCKTAIL... FRUIT!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    two of them, wow. my wife won't let me have a squirrel.... ::::sigh:::::

Get a squirrel and tell her its a dog ...a Bush Tailed Australian Tree Heeler ...Give her a lotta wine first though ...just tryin' to help !!!
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Yeah I'm thinking if you keep them over winter they won't be leaving. On a side note my dad had a friend in college that raised a squirrel and released it on campus when he left school. He returned a year later and was walking around and all of a sudden a squirrel jumped all over him and was playing with him. It remembered him from a year previous.
  • Options
    Well, I went to go visit mom today. As I pulled into the driveway I saw a squirrel watching me, but when I got out it didn't scamper away, but instead watched me as I walked up to her. It was obvious that she remembered me - it was Nibbler. I could see that she had started a family and that she was excited to see me. She posed for a couple of pictures too, here's one of them: