Home General Discussion

Cigarette smokers...

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
When you first started smoking cigars, did you initially fall back into just puffing away at the cigar, and not really sitting back and enjoying it?

I've gotten it pretty well under control now, but when I first first started I'd plow through a cigar in well under the time it should have taken me.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I did, i was a cigarette smoker previous to my cigar habit and i would choo choo a churchill or magnum back in like 35 minutes. Really wasted alot of good smokes, and didnt enjoy ones that i do now. But the few times ive had a cigarette since i quit.. i find myself smoking them like a cigar and having a complete different outlook and what the cigarette tasted like! And complete yuck!!!

Aj
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol yup! I learned the hard way that it gets hot and tarry
    Money can't buy taste
  • ldmanldman Posts: 19
    Yup... I'm a newbie and I'm guilty as charged... learning though!!!
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one here
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    My buddy had too teach me to slow down and that ash is good lol I felt like a idiot!
    Money can't buy taste
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I always like the long ash, until I forget about it and it falls on me.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    its not just cig smokers. I have never smoked cigs and at first i could plow through a church in about 40-45 minutes.....a 6x60 in 1 hour. Now i know how to smoke a cigar and the difference in tastes is amazing.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I actually smoke cigars before cigarettes. Quit cigs after the bar bans (bourbon > tobacco all day, everyday), but I found myself doing the opposite. Light a red, take a couple puffs, by the time I looked at it again it had burned to the filter.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    New Boots:
    I always like the long ash, until I forget about it and it falls on me.
    Story of my life. I have never smoked a cig and refuse to. With the people I grew up with it favored not smoking even though my mom smokes and my friends that did do it seem miserable and keep trying to quit so I never messed with it.