Home Cigar 101
Options

Good Ligero Cigars

Anybody know of some good ones? Tried the cu-avana intenso , now i an swooning for the Ligero

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    La Flor Dominica. One of the best sticks you will ever have.
  • Options
    Agree with the La Flor Dominica Ligero (and Double Ligero, if you can find it).  It has all of the complexity, strength, and body you'd want out of a Ligero.

I hate strong cigars, and I liked the LFD Ligero.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I know Gurhka has been getting a bad rep here a little lately but the Triple Ligero is very good.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'll go with the La Flor Dominica Double Ligero -- a most excellent cigar in about any size ...
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    CAO LX2
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    And forgot the Cain - New stick from Sam Leccia (Guy from Nub). "Straight Ligero"
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Anybody know of some good ones? Tried the cu-avana intenso , now i an swooning for the Ligero
    how is the intesno? I've had one resting for about 8 months or so and for some reason I keep skipping over it for others.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have to agree with the LFD double ligero.

also...
    Oliva Cain is supposed to be good but i have yet to have one.

if you can find one the El Cobre is good.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Luko:
    jeff_connors:
    how is the intesno? I've had one resting for about 8 months or so and for some reason I keep skipping over it for others.
    Give it a shot, if you are like me... you will LOVE it.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Can't believe no one has mentioned the Oliva V, that is a great cigar IMO. Also the CAO LX2 and Gurkha Triple Ligero are very good.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the Intenso, and will DEF be picking up more. Mine was good, and it only had three weeks rest on it. The other three are going to sit a while now. I want to know what age will do for em.

As for ligero smokes, the MOW Runiation is triple ligero, and the best in my book. They are my #1 smoke.
  • Options
    Gurkha Triple Ligero, CAO LX2, Cain, Man O War Ruination, Oliva Serie V, Opus X (i think uses some good ligero [very strong stogie I know that])
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Can't believe no one has mentioned the Oliva V, that is a great cigar IMO. Also the CAO LX2 and Gurkha Triple Ligero are very good.
    I can't believe I forgot about the V. Highly recommend this one as well.
  • Options
    though the V is ligero, it does not "read" as ligero. its just way too smooth and has less spice than you would ever expect.

i need to go pick a few of these guys up.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    though the V is ligero, it does not "read" as ligero. its just way too smooth and has less spice than you would ever expect.

True. Maybe that's why I don't think of it when I think of ligero. LFD always pops into my head first. I really need get some more of those. To hell with bills, I'm buying cigars!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    kuzi16:

True. Maybe that's why I don't think of it when I think of ligero. LFD always pops into my head first. I really need get some more of those. To hell with bills, I'm buying cigars!!
    Bills are for the normals that can't grasp the concept of live fast die young!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Luko:
    jeff_connors:
    Give it a shot, if you are like me... you will LOVE it.
    ill be posting a review on the old WEAB-SITE soon, but yes the intenso was great!! It had everything I really enjoy about cigars, good flavor,steady SLOW........burn(do all ligero tend to burn slow???), and a "kick" that put me into a slap happy stupor. That what got me ta asking about the other ligero cigars out there, I think my next order with be some sort of ligero sampler...
    Another thing that got me into wanten some ligero love, was my tobacco plants in the back yard. I have yet to pick the leaf , but the top leaves of the plants are by far the most beautiful leaves I have seen my plants produce. The leaves are more lush green than any of the other leaves on the plant, are twice as thick, leathery in texture, and full of sugar. Because of this supreme beatuy, many other small insects share my affinity for the top leaves. Noteable admirers are , the grasshopper,the cut worm and the aphid. Because of their intense love of the top leaves of the tobacco plant, they tend to CHEW THE POO out of all the top leaves. So by the time harvest time comes around, it may be slim pickens for me..HA! But yes mmmmmmm ligero
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I think because of the thick leathery aspect of ligero, it does burn slower.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd tend to agree with that Brandon. I love it though when a ligero cigar is well put together in such a way that it doesn't suffer from ridiculous burn problems.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    laker1963:
    I know Gurhka has been getting a bad rep here a little lately but the Triple Ligero is very good.
    Agreed.

I got a Gurkha Triple Ligero in a Mooch package from Cabinetmanker and it was a pretty damn good cigar.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

also...

Seriously where do you find the El Cobre you talk about Kuz? I haven't ever seen one anywhere and have no idea what they are or what the band even looks like...

I'm with most of the people here, the La Flor is AWESOME! Always a good smoke!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

also...

Seriously where do you find the El Cobre you talk about Kuz? I haven't ever seen one anywhere and have no idea what they are or what the band even looks like...

You got pm Puro.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

also...

I'm curious about this El Cobre as well.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

also...

The El Cobre has a great story....look it up. It's made by the Oliva Family.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

also...

The El Cobre has a great story....look it up. It's made by the Oliva Family.
    If Oliva makes it, I have to try it. I had trouble finding information online, but a did find a review that proved informative. I have to get my hands on some of these.
  • Options
    ive reviewed the el cobre twice. the first time it got a 92. the second time it got a 93. its one of my all time favorite cigars. it is my favorite nicaraguan puro.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Wow, I took a look at some El Cobre's, gotta see if I can find a handful of the torpedo's or robustos. They look fantastic. I'll add these to my list of must-try cigars.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info on the El Cobre guys! I'll be looking into get ahold of some of these! Also if I try the Cain soon I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it.