Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Who Played Dungeons and Dragons?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I sure as heck did.I blame my current love of fantasy novels and RPGs on D&D. I played 3rd edition and fell in love with the endless possibilities and superhuman feats. I love to read still, and can attribute this to the game. First character was a half elf monk...not sure why he was a half elf.Nerd mode off.

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    What's this past tense bs?
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Oh man...this is opening up a hornets nest. haha.If I could find the right group and right time frame, I would so keep playing. Not sure what the current version is, though.
  • Options
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Oh man...this is opening up a hornets nest. haha.If I could find the right group and right time frame, I would so keep playing. Not sure what the current version is, though.
    if you played 3.0 or 3.5, check out pathfinder. Fixes a lot of stuff and would be easy to get back into. They also have a great community and a lot of virtual table top stuff played over Skype.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    if you played 3.0 or 3.5, check out pathfinder. Fixes a lot of stuff and would be easy to get back into. They also have a great community and a lot of virtual table top stuff played over Skype.
    Bro...are you TRYING to ruin my marriage?
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I would be down to skype dnd! First character was a Half Orc Rogue that was later given a cursed ring of charisma. The ring made me look like a woman of a 20 Charisma but I still had my Orc voice lol! I really like 2nd edition but I have also played 3rd and 4th.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Bro...are you TRYING to ruin my marriage?
    She can play too... my wife does... or it can be her "girl's night out"
  • Options
    JSaint:
    I would be down to skype dnd! First character was a Half Orc Rogue that was later given a cursed ring of charisma. The ring made me look like a woman of a 20 Charisma but I still had my Orc voice lol! I really like 2nd edition but I have also played 3rd and 4th.
    Oh snap...are we on to something? Rain, JSaint and Jthanatos forming a CCom D&D group? I shudder at the thought.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I need to forget I ever clicked on this thread. Quickly.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Rain:
    JSaint:
    Oh snap...are we on to something? Rain, JSaint and Jthanatos forming a CCom D&D group? I shudder at the thought.
    Could be fun.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    I need to forget I ever clicked on this thread. Quickly.
    Oh...COME ON KEN.We could be on to something.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    JSaint:
    Could be fun.
    If Ken is in, we could have 4....who's DM?
  • Options
    I'm not a good dm lol so not me!
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    My name is Finnly Brogan. I am a dwarven warrior. My axe was bestowed upon me after my fathers death along with his stein. I wear his old armor in his honor. The wedding rings of my mother and father hang from my neck on a golden chain and are a daily reminder of why i do what i do. I fight as if it were my last and i love as if it were my first. My d20s cry for my return daily and i am a S**T DM! lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Oh man, I JUST found the two dice sets I bought in college to play with some guys. We played pretty often for about three years before graduations started taking their toll on the group. I think I probably have my character sheet of my favorite one still in my computer somewhere. Orthac Blackaxe, dwarven warrior with an intelligent two handed battleaxe (I forget how that worked exactly) and a giant boar for a mount. Good times.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Played 2nd edition... Killdee Bard was my favorite character... DE rogue... when you go evil go all the way.
  • Options
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    JSaint:
    Could be fun.
    I could run it, but not until January. Maybe do a monthly or bi-weekly thing if we have interest?
  • Options
    ^^^Interest
  • Options
    I would have interest as well. Every other weekend or if it stays stable every other Wednesday I would be available.
  • Options
    Yes! My old group fell apart after my friend had a baby. Lol (in real life not in Faerun lol) I've been aching to play again! We could do combo Vherf an D&D sessions!!!!
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I played a little when I was younger...I'm sorry, I just can't picture folks sitting around with a nice cigar, scotch on the rocks, and a half elf.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    I played a little when I was younger...I'm sorry, I just can't picture folks sitting around with a nice cigar, scotch on the rocks, and a half elf.
    As a former interrogator in the Army, I've "interrogated" plenty of Americans role playing terrorists ;) As a medic, I've "treated" tons of imaginary wounds.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I enjoyed playing when I did....just kinda fell out of it. I like that it takes time, and imagination to play.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    JSaint:
    Could be fun.
    I could run it, but not until January. Maybe do a monthly or bi-weekly thing if we have interest?
    No no, seriously, I have to forget this exists again, I'm about to have a pretty big change in january where I'm not going to have this sort of time on my hands, sorry guys.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    Rain:
    JSaint:
    Could be fun.
    No no, seriously, I have to forget this exists again, I'm about to have a pretty big change in january where I'm not going to have this sort of time on my hands, sorry guys.
    So....you're in?
  • Options
    Someone is forgetting Americas greatest past time.... The shirking one ones responsibilities to pretend you are a different being frolicking through the woods to slay gnomes and evil beings?
  • Options
    Yeah Ken. Pwent FTW!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, I played way back from about '84-'88. Played Star Frontiers too, which was badass and the Star Trek version too. I was usually a paladin or bard, sometimes a magician. Have you seen Summoner Geeks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA&sns=em
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I played back in high school, but last year while I was in Korea I played Star Wars D20. I currently engage in MTG a good bit. I wouldn't mind picking up DnD or Pathfinder at some point, though; if I could find a good DM and group.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    As I read this I had no idea there were different versions, lol. When I played there was only one version. When I need my RPG fix now I usually just play a video game version. Although the new ones don't really follow the same turn based format. More of a fantasy action game. I do like Skyrim, even if it has different characters than I remember.