Home Cigar 101

Acceptable materials to tie bundles.

Hi all,

New to this forum, I searched but didnt really find what I was looking for. I built a cabinet humidor out of an old gun cabinet to store my boxes, but I also have many loose 5 and 10 packs. I would like to bundle them and display them. My question is, what materials are ok to tie cigars together that wont damage them? Can I use burlap, silk ribbon, twine? I will eventually build some sort of rack for the shelf, but in the mean time the bundles should work nicely.

Thanks any suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. I say anything that doesn't damage the leaf or leave an odor is fair game. Silk type ribbons are what a lot of bundled cigars come wrapped in and they look good that way. Burlap is also popular but not quite as polished looking, much more rustic. I think twine would possibly dig into the wrapper leaf and damage it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd use wax paper and tape and welcome!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Thanks to you both. The wax paper is a good idea. I could use a strip of that under the ribbon, twine or whatever and it will never even touch the sticks. Nice!

• I have used wide ribbons ( an inch or so) successfully. Different colors for different brands, etc. Just whatever leftovers we had from wrapping gifts was what I used. Tie a pretty knot and don't pull too tight first to avoid damaging wrappers.