Home Cigar 101
Options

Cutter as carryon?

Does anyone know for sure whether u can have a cutter as a carry-on on a plane? I'm headin home this weekend, and won't be checking any bags and want to take my herfador and cutter. I know well enough to leave the torch at home. I just don't want TSA confiscating a 40$ cutter.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the TSA site, but I do believe the cutters are OK as carryon.
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    Check the TSA site, but I do believe the cutters are OK as carryon.
    The TSA site doesn't specifically mention it, although "scissors with blades less than 4" are ok". I checked 4 or 5 sites, and they were about half and half on the answer.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I always carry my cutter as a carry-on and have never had an issue. I would say I have flown with it about 5-6 times this year.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I always carry my cutter as a carry-on and have never had an issue. I would say I have flown with it about 5-6 times this year.
    Great. Thanks Tony. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna take my backup just in case. Boston security is a bunch of a-holes. If they hassle me, they can keep it.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I got mine confiscated at the Orlando airport, and ever since then I've packed the cutter in a checked bag. Good luck.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    alienmisprint:
    Great. Thanks Tony. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna take my backup just in case. Boston security is a bunch of a-holes. If they hassle me, they can keep it.
    Have't flown through Boston before, but I have flown through Honolulu, Raleigh-Durham, Shreveport, and Wilmington NC with it. I had a double guillotine (the Mean Sardine) and a Xikar 007 Punch on all those flights.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    cholmes8310:
    alienmisprint:
    Have't flown through Boston before, but I have flown through Honolulu, Raleigh-Durham, Shreveport, and Wilmington NC with it. I had a double guillotine (the Mean Sardine) and a Xikar 007 Punch on all those flights.
    Yeah, the site I looked at said that the laws on them aren't exactly defined, so it's normally up to TSA interpretation. I've got an old double guillotine that still works good, but I wouldn't be too pissed if I lost it. Keepin my fingers crosssed.