Home General Discussion

I think I shall have to read every post on this forum.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am a bit confused about some of the goings on and the acronyms are everywhere.
Ah newbies, ain't we great..................

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I am a bit confused about some of the goings on and the acronyms are everywhere.
    YAY NEWBS!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    what acronyms? We can probably figure this out pretty quickly.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I think I have too... and I love it. almost wish there was more to read. Now thanks to this forum.... my eyes are getting hungry for a pipe try....

Aj
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    In case you haven't seen it already .... this thread: Newbs to Forums Please READ!!!! is a great place to start. Lots of useful info and links to the other popular "newbie" threads can be found there.

Oh and BTW, sorry I'm a little late but --- Welcome!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. There's a bunch of those. The members here love to abbeviate the cigars - JDN (Joya De Nicaragua) PDR (Pinar Del Rio) MOW (Man O War) there are tons of those acronyms. And then there's the terminology - ROTT (Right off the truck) But I know you'll catch on fast ;)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    You are correct. There's a bunch of those. The members here love to abbeviate the cigars - JDN (Joya De Nicaragua) PDR (Pinar Del Rio) MOW (Man O War) there are tons of those acronyms. And then there's the terminology - ROTT (Right off the truck) But I know you'll catch on fast ;)
    KTHXBAI
    CCOM (Cigar.com) BOTL (Brother of the Leaf)
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    Same to you pal! :P
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    is that klingon for "go F yourself"?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    Break it up. K THX BAI (kay, thanks, bye)

It's what 16 year old girls say when June tries to hit on them.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
    lmfao
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget B&M, which is "brick and mortar". Welcome to the forums!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
    lmfao

BPE (best post ever)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you BORKS are talking about. I want to go out for a cigar, but I can't decide between an ISOM, LFD, LP, or DPG. The DPG is ROTT, so I'll probably wait on that. The ISOM I want to smoke has a code of MUR MAY 13, so I should probably skip that one too. Maybe the LFD DL or LP L40......oh yeah, what were we talking about? You know what, as with anything, just give it time. In a couple months, you will be shocked at how much you have picked up and learned with this hobby and forum. It's crazy.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I don't know what you BORKS are talking about. I want to go out for a cigar, but I can't decide between an ISOM, LFD, LP, or DPG. The DPG is ROTT, so I'll probably wait on that. The ISOM I want to smoke has a code of MUR MAY 13, so I should probably skip that one too. Maybe the LFD DL or LP L40......oh yeah, what were we talking about? You know what, as with anything, just give it time. In a couple months, you will be shocked at how much you have picked up and learned with this hobby and forum. It's crazy.
    HAHAHAHAHA Teach! I'm not sure what scared me more, how easily I read and understood all of that or how bad it made me want to smoke some of those lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    out to the B&M?