Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Carlos Torano Signature

To everyone who hasn't tried a Carlos Torano Signature: try one. Easily my favorite cigar. It is full bodied, yet as smooth as say a Montecristo White or a Verdadero Organic. Super creamy! It reminds me of chocolate milk almost. There isn't ANY harshness associated with these. There was also a cinnamon spice that appeared occassionally. Even when the cinnamon showed up it stayed creamy and smooth. I last smoked one a few days ago so I can't remember all of the flavors, but the creamy chocolate is what stuck out the most.
I have 1 sitting in the humidor right now and 2 5 packs on their way. I also promised myself that I would buy a box after I get a box of 5 Vegas Limitada 08's for the ashtray ^_^.

I also have a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold in my humidor that I'm dying to try. And I've been eyeballing the cameroon as well...

No, I am not getting paid by the Torano family to post this.

Comments

• Options
    I have tried all of he Torano sticks...and by far the Signature is my favorite....so good i bought a box of the Toro size. All also dig the Torano 1916 Cameroon.
  • Options
    Carlos Torano makes some great cigar, try the exodus gold, i like it better than the signature....anyone tired the Dominico ?
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    The Virtuoso is where it is at! And with a good rest in the humi, it is fantastic. It is easily in my top 5.
  • Options
    jeff_connors:
    Carlos Torano makes some great cigar, try the exodus gold, i like it better than the signature....anyone tired the Dominico ?
    I bought a 5 pack of the Dominico's....still resting in my humi...i will post a review once i try one.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    The Virtuoso is where it is at! And with a good rest in the humi, it is fantastic. It is easily in my top 5.
    Yeah, the Virtuoso is my favorite Torano. The Signature and Casa Torano Maduro are excellent sticks too.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Hugemoose:
    Yeah, the Virtuoso is my favorite Torano. The Signature and Casa Torano Maduro are excellent sticks too.
    i do like the virtuoso. i havent had one in a while though. i should change that.

i have a signature in my humidor. maybe i should smoke that soon.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nobody has mentioned the Casa Toraño yet (edit: ok Tony did, but I'm going to anyway), I thought that was a very good mild cigar...easily one of the most full flavored mild cigars I've had yet. I also really enjoyed the Exodus Gold quite a bit, reminds me somewhat of the Gurkha Regent in flavor.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 1916, couple of them actually. One of them had a few months of age on it, and the other I smoked the night I bought it. I would have to say the cigar that was aged was a totally different smoke than the other one. It had a great, creamy flavor to it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    kuzi16:
    alienmisprint:
    Hugemoose:

i do like the virtuoso. i havent had one in a while though. i should change that.

Do it and then review it. I'd love to see your take on it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My two favorite Toranos would be the Signature and the Casa. I always keep a few on hand.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    My girlfriend's favorite cigar is the Torano Signature. I always keep a handful in the humidor for when she wants to join me on the porch for a smoke.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    kuzi16:
    alienmisprint:
    Hugemoose:

Do it and then review it. I'd love to see your take on it.
    ill see what i can do for you.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Thanks Major
    I went to my local B&M last night and as I was looking around and trying to decide what to enjoy- too many great choices- I remebered your recommendation and bought one of these. A VERY enjoyable stick however I didn't get the chocolate milk taste. For me it was more of a roasted nut flavor and yes, it was very smooth.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Jdorais:
    Thanks Major
    I went to my local B&M last night and as I was looking around and trying to decide what to enjoy- too many great choices- I remebered your recommendation and bought one of these. A VERY enjoyable stick however I didn't get the chocolate milk taste. For me it was more of a roasted nut flavor and yes, it was very smooth.

Roasted nut? I don't remember that at all, ha! To each his own I guess. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Your ass hurts. Tu el culo herir.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I concur, the Signature is a great smoke. I've never had a bad cigar from Torano. The first 'real' cigar I ever had was the Casa Torano. For awhile, I only smoked blends from the Torano family, because it's really all I knew.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Haven't tried the Signature. The Casa Torano Maduro is one of my favorite maduros - guess I need to try a few more of the Torano line.
  • Options
    Torano is what got me into cigars in the first place. The cigar that did it was a Reserve Select. One often overlooked cigar by Torano that i believe is their best ever is the Torano Tribute. They made these in 2003/2004 and recently in 2008. They are limited, but are probably one of the best cigars i have ever had. I keep several boxes of these in my humidor and they age nicely. If you can still find them, try to pick up a Tribute. When i don't want to eat up my inventory and i feel like a Torano, i stick with the Virtuoso. I find it similar to the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I've got a Virtuoso resting in the humi... should be a tasty way to start the spring in a few months :)
  • Options
    I am a huge Torano fan. The Exodus gold has been one of my favorites for ten years. I enjoyed the Exodus 50th as well. The Signature was very smooth, but medium bodied IMHO.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    This thread reminds me I need to smoke one of the Signatures I was sent in a trade...
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I would have to agree with everyone here, Torano makes a fine smoke and have yet to have one let me down. Now that I  have been thinking of the topic time to enjoy one, its been too long. 
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the 1959 silver edition which is actually the cigar that got me into this hobby.