kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    HA HA
    Kuzmadu
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    HA HA
    Kuzmadu
    It was a suggestion on the forum :). I wanted to be fair and include every suggestion... No matter how... "interesting" it is ;)! lol
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! I likey dis Idea!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    submitted
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Interesting note about the potential names. Catadores is also the term affixed to people who collect recyclable rubbish in Brazil, "catadore" meaning "rubbish collector" in Portuguese.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Interesting note about the potential names. Catadores is also the term affixed to people who collect recyclable rubbish in Brazil, "catadore" meaning "rubbish collector" in Portuguese.
    Hahah... We gotta make sure we don't sell it to any Portuguese speakers then.. Cause as of now - Catadores is kind of in the lead :)...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get an update from time to time?
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    Will we get an update from time to time?
    Yes. I will post the preliminary results tonight. Detailed stuff as soon as Alex and administrators say we should close "voting"... I wonder - how many responses are we looking for? Most active members have already voted. Apparently we need to have it open at least for week or too, but just wondering...
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Voted. Thanks for the easy link. I missed out on the samplers but would love to get in now with the great reviews.
  • Options
    Voted!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    This is so cool. I can't wait to be able to hand one of my golf buddies a cigar and tell them that I had a part in choosing the size and name for it. Whoever came up with this idea, thank you very much!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    HA HA
    Kuzmadu

That's my tribute to you Kuzi and duty (wherever he is) and Maddy .....And you just laughed in my face ...very disrespectful man , very disrespectful ...Haha !!!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nice work, Renaissance. Vote submitted.
  • Options
    Here is some preliminary data so you guys are not in the dark. Currently we have 25 votes which is great and very efficient and quick. Here is what we have:

Corona (5x42)...... 13...... 52%
    Panatela (5.5x36)...... 0 ......0%
    Lonsdale (6x44)...... 2...... 8%
    Churchill (6.5x47)...... 1......4%
    Robusto (5x50)...... 14......56%
    Toro (6x50)...... 10 ......40%
    Torpedo (6x50)...... 17 ......68%
    People may select more than one checkbox, so percentages may add up to more than 100%.

Catadores...... 11 ......44%
    CCOM...... 2 ......8%
    Our Blend...... 2 ......8%
    Culmination ...... 2 ......8%
    Comunidad ......2...... 8%
    Ligador/Ligadores ...... 0...... 0%
    Knight Stick ......1...... 4%
    Collabo...... 1 ......4%
    The Blend ...... 0 ......0%
    Harpoons ......1 ......4%
    Kuzmadu ......1 ......4%
    Svengali ......0 ......0%
    NO NAME ......1 ......4%
    Other ......1...... 4%

This is in raw right now. I know it is not pretty, but hey :)... Bolded are the current top choices...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Renai, nice work here. I'm from Chicago, the motto is vote early and often !
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I think there should be a revote on the names once everyone reads this, lol.
  • Options
    We can revote if you want... it is an interesting point... a lot of things mean different things in different languages btw so it might be hard to evade this... My research on the word did not find anything - are you sure this is not some slang term?

As for voting often - no "cheating" here :)! I am monitoring responses and will delete double submissions or improper submissions... ;)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    My research on the word did not find anything - are you sure this is not some slang term?

"Catadore' is Portuguese for 'human scavenger' or 'rubbish collector'. "

Link You'll find the quoted text in the first paragraph.

I just thought it was a funny tidbit to mention after I ran a google search on the word. To put a different spin on it, the naming is appropriate because this cigar is a culmination of all our stupid ideas, a recycling if you will, into something useful. :)
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Renaissance_Man:
    My research on the word did not find anything - are you sure this is not some slang term?

"Catadore' is Portuguese for 'human scavenger' or 'rubbish collector'. "

Link You'll find the quoted text in the first paragraph.

I just thought it was a funny tidbit to mention after I ran a google search on the word. To put a different spin on it, the naming is appropriate because this cigar is a culmination of all our stupid ideas, a recycling if you will, into something useful. :)
    Bwaaaahahaha. I like the name even more now!
  • Options
    Idk... Should we change it? Any advice from moderators?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i liked it because of what the meaning was originally stated to be. since it is not that meaning....
    i would want a different name
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Well.....what was the "other" write in name?
  • Options
    4bob4:
    We have CONCORDE and HARDCORE... The data and form was updated to reflect it...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Renaissance_Man:
    4bob4:
    We have CONCORDE and HARDCORE... The data and form was updated to reflect it...
    I had to be different. I wrote in HARDCORE!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I missed the samples, but I'm looking forward to trying them when they are officially released!
  • Options
    How about this - since some are asking about new names - Translation of Community Prize ( I think these cigars are a prize for those that got them!!!) into Spanish = Comunidad Premio ---That has a very nice cigar sounding name and reflects the effort everyone put into it ...what do you guys think ??? Comunidad Premio ---I like the sound of it ...can it go on the list to vote on please .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    How about this - since some are asking about new names - Translation of Community Prize ( I think these cigars are a prize for those that got them!!!) into Spanish = Comunidad Premio ---That has a very nice cigar sounding name and reflects the effort everyone put into it ...what do you guys think ??? Comunidad Premio ---I like the sound of it ...can it go on the list to vote on please .
    It has been added to the list! Depending on what we agree on Catadores, I think we should have a total revote on the name question! What do you people think?
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    gmill880:
    It has been added to the list! Depending on what we agree on Catadores, I think we should have a total revote on the name question! What do you people think?

Yes !
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    I think we should have a total revote on the name question! What do you people think?
    I agree
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    gmill880:
    I agree, a revote is in order.