Home General Discussion
Options

Top Tier Toros

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone seen the weekend blitz? Thirty two 6 1/2" x 54 toros -- Aves, MOWs, 5 Vegas, San Lo, etc. ... Looks like a great deal. Wish I had room to keep them.

Might have to buy them just to stock up on ammo. I'm running out of Fratellos, and those Buesos gave out on me a while back. These look like good ammo for Christmas.

What do you think? Good deal?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    <$3 a stick, and of the lot, I only haven't had an 1844 or Nica Libre. The rest range from pretty tasty to very tasty... So unless those two are terrifyingly bad, I think it is a solid deal.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    to me both are meh
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Meh for me too; I'd prefer them all in a normal 6x50 toro format.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried the 1844 yet I think I have one though, didn't think much of the Nica Libre, it wasn't bad just not all that. I'm overstocked on AJ, gonna pass this time.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    The only 1844 I've had was their No. 50 perfecto… meh...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I burnt a Nica Libre, I know that. But I lost all my reviews when my Atrix went titz up; so I have to get by on memory. I remember it was chocolate coffee, plenty smoke, and cheap enough so I shot a box off to someone. Trying to remember who; prolly my bro in law. I'm not worried about the Nica. That was good.

The 1844, I don't think I've had. Nor the Herencia. Not that I remember.

I love the Aves in robusto. Just love them. MOW of course. 5 Vegas AAA was too peppery for my taste. Fished one out of the box last weekend, smelt it, and put it right back. Give that to my friend Moe, who loves pepper. The San Lo is real good. I think San Lotano was one of the first sticks anyone ever gifted me. Who did that? Mike, prolly. Missing one here... Diesel.

I dunno. I keep checking in my local B&M, where they hope to get a new stash of Nestor Reserve. I have truly enjoyed the box of robusto NR 2000 I scored there --- but they are nearly all gone now.

If you don't jump right on a thusiasm, it tends to fade.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Well I burnt a Nica Libre, I know that. But I lost all my reviews when my Atrix went titz up; so I have to get by on memory. I remember it was chocolate coffee, plenty smoke, and cheap enough so I shot a box off to someone. Trying to remember who; prolly my bro in law. I'm not worried about the Nica. That was good.

I love the Aves in robusto. Just love them. MOW of course. 5 Vegas AAA was too peppery for my taste. Fished one out of the box last weekend, smelt it, and put it right back. Give that to my friend Moe, who loves pepper. The San Lo is real good. I think San Lotano was one of the first sticks anyone ever gifted me. Who did that? Mike, prolly. Missing one here... Diesel.

I dunno. I keep checking in my local B&M, where they hope to get a new stash of Nestor Reserve. I have truly enjoyed the box of robusto NR 2000 I scored there --- but they are nearly all gone now.

For me the Nica Libra I had to toss after 20 min just couldn't do it tasted like kerosene to me. As for the 1844 it's nothing special but I will say that it's a one trick pony Maduro but it dies that trick pretty well solid Maddy to burn when you want to enjoy something solid but simple and not pay attention to it. Don't reach for it almost ever but I did still enjoy it when I did smoke it. The rest of those are good sticks though and enjoy them all.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Haven't had a Nica Libre in a long while, but I've heard that they're best with at least one year of solid rest on them. If you can't leave them for that long, it's probably better to get something else.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I look at this deal as a clearance sale. Good prices if you haven't tried these. Triple A is a good cigar. JMO
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:
    Wish I hadnt spent all that money last week. : ( This Blitz is right up my alley.
    No room as well : (
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    webmost:

For me the Nica Libra I had to toss after 20 min just couldn't do it tasted like kerosene to me. As for the 1844 it's nothing special but I will say that it's a one trick pony Maduro but it dies that trick pretty well solid Maddy to burn when you want to enjoy something solid but simple and not pay attention to it. Don't reach for it almost ever but I did still enjoy it when I did smoke it. The rest of those are good sticks though and enjoy them all.
    I guess I don't mind a one trick pony now and then, I like the 1844's, although I had them in the more "short story"-ish size, so maybe if it was longer I'd have gotten bored. But it's nice for taking a short walk in the fall with.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Come to think of it, this isn't a size I'm used to seeing for a few of these sticks, specifically the Diesel original blend (I guess I can't call it UHC?), 5Vegas AAA and the 1844 (which is always perfecto shaped). For that novelty alone it might be worth the price of admission.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    $3 a stick, and of the lot, I only haven't had an 1844 or Nica Libre. The rest range from pretty tasty to very tasty... So unless those two are terrifyingly bad, I think it is a solid deal.
    Agree!

Good price, great way to fill up the humi.
    These would be great sticks for bombs or to share at the holiday gatherings.

And as far as the 1844 and Nica Libre.....
    I thought the 1844 was good for the price, nothing too complex but good smoke to go with a beer.
    And Nica Libre is ok but gets much better with some rest (set it aside for a year and it becomes a different cigar).
    Honestly, LHC Core is probably my least fav of the bunch ....
    Love all the others.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    What a great selection. I only wish these were all coronas.
  • Options
    james40:
    This existed, more or less. There were two different AJ blend corona samplers. The 1844 in one of them was a barber pole too, that was pretty cool. I just looked though and couldn't find it. Might still be able to e-mail a rep.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    For me I've been focusing on quality and not something that's probably gonna sit there for a while till I give most away. Plus it takes up valubal space so eh
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I pulled the trigger on the blitz. Humi filler for friends is always good.

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    james40:
    This existed, more or less. There were two different AJ blend corona samplers. The 1844 in one of them was a barber pole too, that was pretty cool. I just looked though and couldn't find it. Might still be able to e-mail a rep.
    Still around. Pops up on the DD every now and again. I'm sure they are resting somewhere in the warehouse just itching to fill a space in the Humi.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of the Nica, now the Potencia is another matter. I used to really love the 1844 but the last couple I had just didn't do much for me. Start out real good but then fade away. Love the AAA. As far as the Ave Maria I only really like the Recon.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    This is the same vitola as the AJ oval pressed sampler. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-SLEASST01