Home General Discussion
Options

House Blends

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any one have an opinion about them...??

Comments

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I have as of yet to have one...but the folks I've talked to say the Ccom house sticks are rather good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The Brazilian was great but they discontinued it. The sungrown is my second choice. I had a corojo with a few years of age and I liked it but that is another one that had been discontinued.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameroon is my fav
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I like the Blue. the Purple seems to have a few fans.
  • Options
    Love the Red, and the Purple when it's mild time.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Nice to read this thread. I've wondered about them myself from time to time.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give a bazillion votes to the Brazilian. It's a damned shame it was discontinued. Next comes the red label and the Cameroon, in that order.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    The American label is good. All long filler leaves unlike the rest. I'll send you one in our trade.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    jlmarta:
    I give a bazillion votes to the Brazilian. It's a damned shame it was discontinued. Next comes the red label and the Cameroon, in that order.
    I smoke a lot of 'house brands' from a lot of manufacturers...there are some hidden gems there fellas. The Brazilian seems to be good all around the horn and I've grown to love this cigar from a lot of manufacturers.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    The American label is good. All long filler leaves unlike the rest. I'll send you one in our trade.
    Agreed that this was decent; so are most of the others. Snap up the Corojo from the clearance deals if they're there. You can't beat it at the price when you get a box.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    +1 for brazillian. I started off smoking those by the box! If they got to be too expensive for the house blend line i really hope they bring the blend back under a diffrent name for even a higher price point, i'd buy em(hey ccom...hint hint...)
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this question. I had wondered the same thing but never got around to asking.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I made it a point to try them all out when I first got into cigar smoking. My two favs are the red and purple label. The brazillian would be y third, but like others have said, they are no longer available. I would then say the blue label. I was never that impressed with the sun grown or the american.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Just saw the 8 pack robusto sampler on Sprint go for $15.58.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    The sampler is a great deal with free shipping all the time but you will save a few bucks on sprint. I wish they were sold unbanded… the bands they've chosen make the cigar look crappy/generic… not what I'd expect a company to create for their house blend. I haven't tried them yet but will pick up a sampler sometime soon.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the Red and the Brazillian, thought the Blue, Sungrown and Cameroon were good.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Sungrown and American is the two I keep around..those are my top 2...