Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal - Fighting ***

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
Today's daily deal includes a 10 pack of Fighting ***. Clearly a cheap cigar, but worth more than the price IMO. They have took up residence in my humidor for over a year now. Excellent taste. Always burns well.

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Today's daily deal includes a 10 pack of Fighting ***. Clearly a cheap cigar, but worth more than the price IMO. They have took up residence in my humidor for over a year now. Excellent taste. Always burns well.

Oops. I appear to have triggered a censoring. :-) Fighting Male Roosters we'll call these.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Strange that they can put it up on their own home page, but censor it here. LOL
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man, today's daily deal is a serious blast from the past for me. Fighting C.ock was one of the first cigars I smoked way back when. Although I think they were discontinued then came back so they may be a different blend.

I got an RP Fusion with my very first C.Com order back in 2009 or so and loved it. I would always pick them up in the old AJ sampler that was on the daily deals a lot. I'm sure this new release is something completely different though. And I bought a bunch of AJ Signature series in one of my first few C.Com orders. I think I still have one or two Fusions and AJ signatures buried in the humi somewhere believe it or not.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Man, today's daily deal is a serious blast from the past for me. Fighting C.ock was one of the first cigars I smoked way back when. Although I think they were discontinued then came back so they may be a different blend.

I got an RP Fusion with my very first C.Com order back in 2009 or so and loved it. I would always pick them up in the old AJ sampler that was on the daily deals a lot. I'm sure this new release is something completely different though. And I bought a bunch of AJ Signature series in one of my first few C.Com orders. I think I still have one or two Fusions and AJ signatures buried in the humi somewhere believe it or not.
    The Fusion was actually a blend that AJ Fernandez did for Rocky, so while Patel produced it, it was really more of AJ's stick than Patels.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Oh I know, that's probably why I liked it back then LOL. Guess it should have been more obvious that the new blend would be something totally different. Heck, it seemed to me like the old blend changed somewhere along the way too, esp towards the end before it was discontinued. The wrapper on this new one looks to be way darker than the old one too.

That old AJ sampler that I mentioned included the Fusion and the Maduro Fusion (MM - one of those would be great, then the next one would be just terrible), Man O War original, Padilla Habano and I think Gurkha Sherpa (blech!).
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Ahhhhh....fighting cahhhhk cigars. Yes, I have had a couple of these and when I can't find my usual brand of cigars I can smoke these w/o feeling like I am cheating on my other premium smokes.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I had some Fighting Koch and Double Happiness cigars back in the 1990s… at that time they were from the Phillipines, maybe??? I enjoyed them quite a bit but as has been mentioned, they are now and new blend so a bit of a crap shoot.