Home General Discussion
Options

Borderland Mini-Herf

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
I figure I better extend this out to the rest - not sure how many or few are within travel distance of us, so I'm just throwing this out there. PM me if interested and I'll give you the deets. There will be a wine and cigar tasting at a local winery sponsored by a local Tobacco Tin on 30 November. The good Dr. Frank and I will be in attendance.

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool of ya Walt, if I still lived in Plano (many years ago) I'd figure out a way to drive down. Thanks for extending the invite to the brotherhood sir ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Yea I wish there were more of you fine Fellers down here to join us! It should be small and mellow.. but nice! I hope someday to get out to that big-ol Chi-Town herf i see you guys have!

Aj
  • Options
    The First Borderland Mini-Herf came and went without a hitch last night. And though there were just the four of us, Dr. Frank and his wife along with myself and my wife, good times were had. The setting was a winery in the Messilla Valley here - what some here refer to as our own own little Napa Valley. If you look at our area on google maps in satellite view, you see this green strip of land in the middle of an otherwise brown, desolate desert. It runs from El Paso up to Las Cruces.

Admission to the event was a mere $15/person that included a wine glass, 6 free samples, and a cigar of one's choice from Tobacco Tin, one of our local B&Ms. Fortunately for me, my wife doesn't drink much, or smoke cigars. So her samples and stick were for me! It was a little chilly, 61 degrees at arrival and it cooled into the 40s by night's end. Our table was located next to a very large patio heater. There was also live music.

I believe Dr. Frank has a picture he can upload here of the two of us, and I'll show off the goodies I received from him right here:

We had time to smoke a couple sticks each. We talked about how one could attain the MoW SF badge - including the option of smoking more than one at once. One of the sticks I knocked off was one the good doctor brought me, a Kristoff Conny. That's the band you see in the pic missing a stick. ;-)

Had a great time, AJ... and we definitely have to do this again sometime. Next year will be great!
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad u guys had a good time. I wish I could have joined.
  • Options
    oh, I talked about you, Morgan. Your name came up a couple times...
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    oh, I talked about you, Morgan. Your name came up a couple times...
    That can't be a good thing. lol
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. It's always fun to meet up with people that you only previously knew online. The AJ bomb looks pretty freakin awesome as well!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    How did I miss this? Glad you had a good time!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Very cool. It's always fun to meet up with people that you only previously knew online. The AJ bomb looks pretty freakin awesome as well!
    Agreed! Looks like AJ brought the PAIN!!!

Sounds like you guys had a great time!
  • Options

• Options
    Great Pics! Looks like you all had fun.
  • Options
    it was a completly awesome time! Walt and his wife were great! we had a wonderful time and i hope we can do it again. Im still working on uploading the pics from that night! Walt tore me flat in half! it was a bomb supreme!

Aj