Home General Discussion
Options

750 - 3000 Humidor Owners

Hello,
All to fast, I want to purchase more cigars then my current humidor will hold. (Where have we heard that before?)

Here's a shot of my currently cramped conditions and its stats.

Robert's Current Humidor

They say it can hold: 50-75 (which we all know is LIES)

I think 1,000 Ct or somewhere near that would be closer to something "I could grow into".
My guestimate is that I'd like to have on hand about 4 boxes and 300 singles.. which is about 425+ cigars.. so a 1,000 Count makes sense :D

I have been chatting with ED S. about a possible humi build, but nothings set in stone, so I would like to browse through some larger humi's and wonder what everyones humidor with compacity looks like and hopefully an image and why its so good :)

Here are a few that also caught my eye:

The Humidor Aging Vault

1500 CT

$849 (no humidification system included)

Wyndham

1000-2000 CT

$999 (no humidification system included)

1000+ Capacity Cabinet Cigar Humidor

1500 CT

$439 (no humidification system included) OR $569 (with humidification system)

Comments

• Options
    Where did you find those three humidors?
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    T. Gervais:
    Where did you find those three humidors?
    If you quote his post. You'll see the URL's. Looks like three different sites.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    double post. oops
  • Options
    i think that this one:

is the way to go. otherwise this may be the way to go:

...way cheaper
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I would choose a plain looking end table style, like the third one. Or something even more simple. No reason to advertise that we are insane to anyone who walks our homes...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Now, to be fair, the capacity counts are not lies. They just depend on the size of cigar. I believe most counts are based on a Corona size; looking at your pic you have lots of Salomons and large sticks, that will definitely affect your capacity. (Plus they are not arranged very effectively).
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I have a five pack and two more boxes on their way to me.... the Wine fridge is full and the boxes I already have are in a cooler allready... so I will be going to wally world and buying a cooler... Or another wine fridge!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have about 1000 in this one:

I have room for plenty more.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    cabinetmaker:
    I have about 1000 in this one:

I have room for plenty more.
    That is beautiful. If only I had the space and money for 1000 cigars. Life just might be perfect then.
    Actually, it wouldn't. Why would I want to stop at 1000?!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Nice one cabinetmaker. Do you mainly have boxes or singles or a mixture of both?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    rad1964:
    Nice one cabinetmaker. Do you mainly have boxes or singles or a mixture of both?
    Yes.. The drawers are singles, the bottom is boxes.
  • Options
    Yeah I have a bunch of larger ones, but When I buy, I usually buy a robusto or corono somewhere between. I like the lonsdale, but its a dash too longs'dale' if ya know what I mean. Anyone else have large humi's they would like to share?

Thanks those that posted.

• Options
    I see you have the ITC Split Decision Quad in there, have you or anyone else gotten to try a Split Decision? These intrigue me more than other barberpole style cigars for some reason, probably cause they're blended by Rocky Patel and AJ Fernandez.
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    I see you have the ITC Split Decision Quad in there, have you or anyone else gotten to try a Split Decision? These intrigue me more than other barberpole style cigars for some reason, probably cause they're blended by Rocky Patel and AJ Fernandez.
    BAH!!!

they will taste like every other RP out there!!!!

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    T. Gervais:
    BAH!!!

Delicious?
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭

alienmisprint:
    kuzi16:
    T. Gervais:
    BAH!!!

Delicious?

not in my opinion. the only AJ fernandez cigars i dont like are called 'rocky patel xxxxxx'

• Options
    I really like coffee table humidors http://www.humidorcentral.com/coffeetable_humidor.asp
  • Options
    This is my humidor....Its made by Cuban Crafters (600ct) the bottom can hold about 10-15 boxes depending on shape and size of box & the top drawer can hold about 150-250 loose cigars depending on size & shape. The only thing it does not have is a built in power suply...which can be useful. imageimageimage
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    AQUA, that is a very nice humidor!
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    AQUA, that is a very nice humidor!
    Thanks my brotha from the north, its my pride and joy...i started with a table top humidor (150ct) and soon realized that i needed something bigger. I was close to getting a tower type....but the shipping on those was 200 to 300 bucks (ouch!!) So i saw bad boy and fell in love (tears down my cheeks).
  • Options
    T. Gervais:
    No not yet,, they are of a larger size and I surely don't want to put it out half way... I am waiting on an occasion I have a few hours... They do look awesome though... I am also awaiting a shipment of the Padilla Artisans... anyone try those?

• Options
    Very nice Humi AQUA.. I agree to have a unit that comes with a built in high quality power supply so theres no unsightly cables, etc. Is something I wouldn't have thought about off-hand.