Home General Discussion
Options

The future of humidors is here

So I found this "wine cellar" that would be great for when I buy a house. But I think it would be better suited for my cigars! Click the linky....then go change your pants. Wine Cellar

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'll be adding that to my list of goals:

-build wine cellar to store my cigars.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    That is so bad-ass! I wonder how much it would cost to have that put in? Up until this moment, my goal was to either have a very large cabinet humidor (like B&M size) or a small walk-in humidor. That has now changed.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I've seen these before - way badass. I know there's also companies that will build you kits to fit a room... my fiance's grandparents are very wealthy, and finished their custom (freakin GORGEOUS) home a few years ago. On their bottom floor they just built an additional small room, which a company then shipped them all the fitting racks and equipment. It was basically wine-cellar-in-a-box.

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day though, debating the merits of maybe a dual storage room (wine and cigars, since both need to be temp and humidity regulated). The optimum storage levels for wine are between 50-60 degrees temp and around 60 rh, however, so I'm not thinking that it'd be successful...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I just jizzed...
  • Options
    Hays:
    I've seen these before - way badass. I know there's also companies that will build you kits to fit a room... my fiance's grandparents are very wealthy, and finished their custom (freakin GORGEOUS) home a few years ago. On their bottom floor they just built an additional small room, which a company then shipped them all the fitting racks and equipment. It was basically wine-cellar-in-a-box.

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day though, debating the merits of maybe a dual storage room (wine and cigars, since both need to be temp and humidity regulated). The optimum storage levels for wine are between 50-60 degrees temp and around 60 rh, however, so I'm not thinking that it'd be successful...
    You could always try to partition it. And your sig is hilarious! Kudos.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    Hays:

Yeah that's pretty much what we determined, but then it kinda eliminates the original point - to utilize the same temp and rh controlled environment to store both cigars and wine. In partitioning it, and then having to have separate climate systems, it kinda defeats the point beyond having your cigars and wine in the same general location.

And thanks - just randomly occurred to me one day and made me chuckle too
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Matt Marvel:
    Hays:

Yeah that's pretty much what we determined, but then it kinda eliminates the original point - to utilize the same temp and rh controlled environment to store both cigars and wine. In partitioning it, and then having to have separate climate systems, it kinda defeats the point beyond having your cigars and wine in the same general location.

And thanks - just randomly occurred to me one day and made me chuckle too
    True. That didn't occur to me until just now. If only we lived in a perfect world.
  • Options
    I had to change my pants, twice. I made the mistake of leaving the link up on my computer when I came back.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    My god, I'm in love! I'm going to have my brother who is a mechanical engineer and estimator come up with a rough figure on how much materials and tools would be to build this thing!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Awesome, loved the entire site too, saved to favorites.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    My god, I'm in love! I'm going to have my brother who is a mechanical engineer and estimator come up with a rough figure on how much materials and tools would be to build this thing!
    Let us know what you come up with. I'm interested to see what that would be.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just got an erection! Man, imagine one room for my cigars and another for my IT operations. Super Secret CIA stuff.
  • Options
    That is incredible, i wonder what the price tag is.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just want a staircase to go down like that into my Man Cave... Imagine crawling through a hidden spot passing great cigars on the way to your HDTV and Dartboard...

/drool
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    That thing would be a crowning jewel in any home. Now I just need tons of money and my own home, or the numbers to this week powerball
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    awesome, I wonder if they could build that if your house is on a slab...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That has got to be the most awesome thing I have EVER seen and something I am going to look into when I get a home of my own! That just blows me away...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PuroFreak:
    That has got to be the most awesome thing I have EVER seen and something I am going to look into when I get a home of my own! That just blows me away...
    I would love to have something like this as well.
    I'm not too crazy on the opening floor door, but if you placed it right , I guess it wouldn't look too stupid. I sure wouldn't have it in the middle of my kitchen (or any other room) that's for sure.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I'll buy a box for the first guy to post a video of his wife falling in his trapdoor humidor
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have an underground airtight (mostly) humidor... but I don't think I'd like the steps, what if I had to fart, then the steps would just make me fart in my humidor...

Then my cigars would become.... infused