Home Non Cigar Related

inundate...inundate...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
inundate.
This is part of my fountain pen collection, a lot smaller since THE tornado.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I am thoroughly impressed and jealous!!!! Beautiful collection!

I have a cross fountain pen that's been unusable for 3 years. I used it all the time and kept fresh ink in it at all times. Now it doesn't write. I've soaked the nib in warm water and even drawn fresh ink up into the converter... Advice? I don't wanna buy a new nib cause they are spendy. :(
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have a cross fountain pen that's been unusable for 3 years. I used it all the time and kept fresh ink in it at all times. Now it doesn't write. I've soaked the nib in warm water and even drawn fresh ink up into the converter... Advice? I don't wanna buy a new nib cause they are spendy. :(

Check PM
    Gotta post a pick of your top 5 favorites! Wanna see those puppies up close and all personal like!
    PM back at ya btw
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    impressive!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    LiquidChaos66:
    Gotta post a pick of your top 5 favorites! Wanna see those puppies up close and all personal like!

Great, someone to help with the inundation. Kind of hard to pick 5. All the pens in the front row are in my daily rotation, they all have custom nibs. The orange one in the middle and the black one on the right side are Shaeffer NoNonsense and cost about $2 bucks when they were being sold, and I try and collect them. Watched an episode of "Hoarders" one night and the woman threw out a 50 gallon barrel full of them. I cried for a week.
    Man those are awesome! I really like the blue one on the left with the kabuki mask on it! How many you have so far?
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    jd50ae:
    inundate.

Only one tornado? We get them all the time.. guess that's why we have basements.
    macs-smokes:
    jd50ae:
    inundate.

Only one tornado? We get them all the time.. guess that's why we have basements.

We get them all the time too. This particular one, which landed directly on us, was one of many that day and it was the strongest. 27 people died and my wife new a lot of them. The only thing that saved my life was the "old" cyprus and brick construction, and 2 brand new doors. And someone looted the doors.
    LiquidChaos66:
    Man those are awesome! I really like the blue one on the left with the kabuki mask on it! How many you have so far?

I actually don't count them anymore, maybe 100 or so.
    LiquidChaos66:

That is a Duke Kabuki, limited edition.
    jd50ae:
    LiquidChaos66:

That is a Duke Kabuki, limited edition.

it is a beautiful pen! I love my cross but and slightly envious of that one! Lol I love Asian influenced designs especially Kabuki. Plus that blue is awesome!