Home Non Cigar Related

Anyone hear of Vector Marketing???

I took a job with Vector Marketing last week. I'm supposed to be selling Cutco Knives. I've never taken a job outside of logistics and the service industries. I would like some feed back into this company if anyone has ever heard of them. I heard nothing but bad stuff so far. I'm supposed to start training this week and I'm unsure if I really want to work for them. They're also trying to get me to skip my last two classes inorder to go to their training session on thursday. I cannot do that for I have my first critique in my print class on thursday and it is my last class. Any feedback is greatly appreciated guys.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sorry man, I have heard of em and nothing good has come of it. Link
  • Wow, thanks for the input. Eff that job in the "A". I don't have the money to pay for training and a sample kit. So, they can politely kiss my Polish ass.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    These Filthy Hands:
    I took a job with Vector Marketing last week. I'm supposed to be selling Cutco Knives. I've never taken a job outside of logistics and the service industries. I would like some feed back into this company if anyone has ever heard of them. I heard nothing but bad stuff so far. I'm supposed to start training this week and I'm unsure if I really want to work for them. They're also trying to get me to skip my last two classes inorder to go to their training session on thursday. I cannot do that for I have my first critique in my print class on thursday and it is my last class. Any feedback is greatly appreciated guys.
    I've never heard of them until now. I did a quick search, and found a lot of bad stuff. Here's what I don't get. If they're goal is to help students earn money and experience, why would they want you to skip class? I don't know, that just seems iffy to me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i good company will never make you pay for your training.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Yeah, seriously! Good companies jump at the opportunity to send employees to training. Sorry about the break though. Hope you find a better job soon.
    These Filthy Hands:
    I've never taken a job outside of logistics and the service industries.
    What line of logistics have you worked in?
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    That sucks man; I agree with Matt and Kuzi fully though, you shouldn't A) be skipping class and B) any organization/company worth their salt should be giddy to put new hires through the appropriate training as well as providing all necessary items for the effective/successful completion of required job duties.

Rob
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    When I was like in 6th grade and my Brother was in college, his friend (cutie!!!) came to our house and sold my mom some Cutco knives...

I can only assume that this is who she was working for, but I can't guarantee it...

Side note: By the time I was in college we still had those knives and they were actually the bomb!

See if you can just pay for the sample set and quit, you'd get some good knives!!!
    clearlysuspect:
    kuzi16:
    Yeah, seriously! Good companies jump at the opportunity to send employees to training. Sorry about the break though. Hope you find a better job soon.
    i know how much you love working at the bee
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    My neighbor works for them .......... you have to pay a little to start up but if your devoted and a good salesperson ....you can make alota money with them ...... you set appointments up and do demos in peoples homes if you sell a full set the commision is rediculous and their bonus incentive is sick ..... you get paid per demo you do and the product is truly a great product ...... but really expensive .... but that will be an investment that you'll never have to invest in again ...... my mom has a set from when my parents got married and one of the handles cracked ...... that style handle was discontinued and they sent her a whole new set and only asked she discard the old set ..... they now reside at the hunting cabin . But Again i emphasize on you need to be a comfortable going into peoples homes and demoing these and be a really good devoted salesperson.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    They're shady to say the least. I went to an "interview" while looking for a job years ago that just turned out to be a cult-like seminar where they attempted to sell people into going door to door to sell knives. I got up half way through and was asked what I was doing. I told the guy "sorry, this just isn't for me" and walked out.
  • clearlysuspect:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I've worked on and off for seven years as a dispatcher for my father's trucking company.
    These Filthy Hands:
    clearlysuspect:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I've worked on and off for seven years as a dispatcher for my father's trucking company.
    "Big Bear this is Little Whisk

We got smoky on our tail and road jockeys coming in the door clear through El Paso, Tell that suicide jockey to run 'er down stay clear of bacon... C'Mon!"
  • Lasabar:
    These Filthy Hands:
    clearlysuspect:
    These Filthy Hands:

We got smoky on our tail and road jockeys coming in the door clear through El Paso, Tell that suicide jockey to run 'er down stay clear of bacon... C'Mon!"
    LOL. I don't even know how to reply to that.
    These Filthy Hands:
    Lasabar:
    These Filthy Hands:
    clearlysuspect:
    These Filthy Hands:

10-4 good buddy.

?
  • kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    Lasabar:
    These Filthy Hands:
    clearlysuspect:
    These Filthy Hands:

10-4 good buddy.

?
    Asphalt Alligators and Lot Lizards. All I've got to say about the dangers of trucking.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Lot lizards, haha!!
    Matt Marvel:
    Lot lizards, haha!!
    Lot Lizards... The only profession where less teeth fetches a higher price....
    Lasabar:
    Matt Marvel:
    Lot lizards, haha!!
    Lot Lizards... The only profession where less teeth fetches a higher price....
    OH GOD! Did any of you see Yes Man with Jim Carey? It was just straight up wrong!