Home General Discussion
Options

proper gutted:(

Missing out on today’s daily deal. ( 5 Ghurkha centurions $25) would have liked to get 20/25 or so. :(

I’ve been waiting for these to come up on the daily deal for ages, but don’t want to order as I still haven’t received my last outstanding order which has been going on for 3/4 months now. all items in stock and I talk to people every 2 weeks or so on the live chat and each time I get 'it will be in the post today' sort of thing. Don’t know what’s up as this really isn’t the norm when it comes to customer services form ccom, I’ve never had any problems before.

Is something up at the ccom warehouse or am I just unlucky and my order keeps getting lost in the pipeline sort of thing.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its probably the USPS. they have had tons of problems as of late. I read on a different forum that a company shipping from the same zip code as cigar.com was having this very issue but on a more consistent basis. it got bad enough that they are considering switching to UPS as the standard shipping and USPS as a secondary option.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    kuzi16:
    it got bad enough that they are considering switching to UPS as the standard shipping and USPS as a secondary option.

I hope not =/. USPS comes to my house in 2 days. UPS takes a week.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    3-4 months? That is far beyond the realm of acceptable. They should be offering you a refund plus your cigars overnight plus 50% off your next order. I would be beyond irate if I paid for a product and was waiting more than 2 weeks past due. 3-4 months is like wow, your a patient man.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭

gaberox:
    3-4 months? That is far beyond the realm of acceptable. They should be offering you a refund plus your cigars overnight plus 50% off your next order. I would be beyond irate if I paid for a product and was waiting more than 2 weeks past due. 3-4 months is like wow, your a patient man.

There’s a bit more to the story I suppose.

3/ 4 months ago I placed an order for a few things that were all in stock. Then my package arrived in its usually timely fashion. (I order on the Monday it seems to be shipped on the Wednesday and I get it the next Monday. Living in the united kingdom so my orders are emailed as appose to just using the add to basket button on the site.) However one item was missing. I spoke to the usual person on live chat and he said it was out of stock but they’d be making up a few more samplers within a couple of days and it should be posted by the end of the week.

As I’m on ccom every day having a browse I checked up on the sampler I was ordering. And it came back into stock so I assumed id be getting mine within a week or two. It went back out of stock a few days later. However after a couple of weeks I went back on live chat and was told again that it be in the post within a few days. So again left it a few weeks just in case the postal service were taking their time sort of thing.  However nothing then went back on live chat to see what was going on spoke to a different person as the person I usually speak to was on holiday. They said ‘yer a couple of days’. Left it a couple of weeks still nothing then tried one last time on live chat before I went on holiday. ‘Yer no problem it will be in the post sorry about this etc’ as he knew how long id been waiting by now.

Got back from holiday nothing had been delivered. So I gave up on that sampler and asked if I could change the item to something that was in stock. Which was fine so I sent the list of things that were all in stock and was told it be posted straight away. Left it two weeks nothing. Back on live chat same again ‘sorry the back order doesn’t seem to have been fulfilled ill send it out today’.

Now I’m at two weeks on and thinking about what I’m going to say tomorrow when I talk to them on live chat assuming that it doesn’t turn up tomorrow which is very unlikely as it would have been hear by now. Although I’m still hopeful(lol)

I wouldn’t have minded if the first time I had spoken to them they had said right it’s going to be 4 months before you get anything. Wouldn’t have been overly happy but would have accepted it and waited patiently.

• Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭

humm well spoke to him this morning and was assured the cigars would be in the post today(hum that sounds familiar) this time i asked for a confirmation email that they had been sent which would save me waiting 2 weeks for them to find out they hadn’t been posted. anyway was assured that the cigars and an email would be sent today.

he’s just finished work for the day and guess who doesn’t have an email.

oh well looks like I’ll be back on live chat tomorrow morning.

suppose i should kick up a bit more of a fuss as appose to just saying ok.