Home Non Cigar Related

Brrrr

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
-26 here last night (actual temp, not wind chill). Was the first Friday night I've gone without a cigar in a looooonnnnngggggg time. Not a happy boy.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    26 and covered with ice, sounds like the Bahama's compared to your situation....feel your pain about not being able to light one up....
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    26 and covered with ice, sounds like the Bahama's compared to your situation....feel your pain about not being able to light one up....
    Neither one a good situation. BTW, I like your signature line....
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    -26 here last night (actual temp, not wind chill). Was the first Friday night I've gone without a cigar in a looooonnnnngggggg time. Not a happy boy.
    That is crazy. I bet is real hard to keep the house warm. I don't know how you do it. I bet your unit runs all night! Here in Mississippi we have tems that dip into the 20s occasionally and people start freaking out. I could not imagine -26!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    Dang, and I was **** that it was 5 degrees here when I got up! Considering going out and firing up the heater and see if i can get my little tent warm enough to have a stogie now that it's back into double digits.
    MorganGeo:
    gripnrip:
    That is crazy. I bet is real hard to keep the house warm. I don't know how you do it. I bet your unit runs all night! Here in Mississippi we have tems that dip into the 20s occasionally and people start freaking out. I could not imagine -26!
    -19 right now. Just moved into a new construction house a month ago, so it's pretty tight. Maybe too tight....some minor frost issues on the cold air return in the unfinished part of the basement and some of the windows (whole house humidifier). Pretty warm and toasty inside tho.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    83 here today and I am as upset as you guys are oddly enough.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I've experienced really cold weather it was -6 degrees...no good.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read an article at weather.com yesterday, where some weatherman computed the average temperature in the USA was 14 degrees. That's colder, says he, than any day all last winter. Fourteen is so low it's hard to believe. Makes you want to review the data. Throw socal and florida and all in the mix you wonder how can the average be so low.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I read an article at weather.com yesterday, where some weatherman computed the average temperature in the USA was 14 degrees..
    Where's Global warming when we need it ?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a business associate in Texas who claims to be a Cowpunk fan. I know she is, too, not just because she's a girl, but because she cannot answer the question: "Who draws a draw play?" I went out today to find her a well aged "Go Cowpunks" cigar. Alas, none to be found. Called the dog out, but she is small and white and fluffy; so she cannot get out on this stuff to make me a fresh rolled "Go Cowpunks" cigar.

So, Cowpunks? Close, but no cigar.

GO BEARS!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    devils dandruff
    webmost:
    I have a business associate in Texas who claims to be a Cowpunk fan. I know she is, too, not just because she's a girl, but because she cannot answer the question: "Who draws a draw play?" I went out today to find her a well aged "Go Cowpunks" cigar. Alas, none to be found. Called the dog out, but she is small and white and fluffy; so she cannot get out on this stuff to make me a fresh rolled "Go Cowpunks" cigar.

So, Cowpunks? Close, but no cigar.

GO BEARS!

That looks familiar. I have quite a few "Go Cowpunks" gars frozen so solid they would probably not thaw out all the way to TX by priority mail!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    The bottom finally fell out here. I woke up to 1 degree this morning. Supposed to be -1 tomorrow morning. Only 4 months till March!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    The bottom finally fell out here. I woke up to 1 degree this morning. Supposed to be -1 tomorrow morning. Only 4 months till March!
    Holy Chit man! yea its coming fast it was 24 here last night!

Aj
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    I sense more "emergency survival packs" will need to go out...
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    First time I've experienced really cold weather it was -6 degrees...no good.
    Did you ever get that heater for your deck? Too cold here in Texas also...... been in the teens and 20s.

Much better than the ranch in Montana however..... it was -11 the other day and about a week of below zero.

Brrrrrrrr
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    pelirrojo:
    I sense more "emergency survival packs" will need to go out...

Hey now! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Besides, it'll be back above freezing next week... Hell I might even play golf this weekend.