Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The FX Effect

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so we have a mystery which I cannot resolve, and two minor probs easily resolved.

The mystery is that Partagas shows two lines on their web site: the 1845 with a cameroon wrapper, and the Black Label Clasico with a medio tiempo connie wrapper. I was rock certain I reviewed the Black Label Clasico and compared it to the Smithdale. I went back to the same store where I scored it, to the same shelf where I snatched it, and there were five boxes with different sizes, each box said Black Label Clasico; but, get this, the cigar bands on each stick say 1845! The picture I took for my review does not show the band, cause I'm an idjut. The wrapper on these here looks connie, not cameroon. The cello has a yellow cast, just as I remember. The odor from the foot, near as I can tell without unwrapping one and slobbering all over it, smells the same.

So I dunno. I am going with the probabilities here. I scored from the same shelf and same box so they are prolly the same as the one I thought identical to my favorite cheapie FX Smiths Sons stick.

Either way, Merry Christmas, here ya go. Let me know if you like the Smithdale maduro. Me, I love them.

That leads to minor prob #1: I went to the post office with the three packages that I do have addresses for, but there is no way I have time to0 wait in that Christmas line. I gotta return next week during off hours. Here I am working on a Saturday, I can't blow an hour and a half waiting for one single clerk to work thru a line out the door. I'll post trackin numbas here when they go

Minor prob #2: I seem to recall Rain moved since last I sent him. Anyone have his new address they can PM me?

Merry Christmas ... and don't forget who they named the day for

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Mystery: I'm useless here
    Problem 1: This time of year, I'm pretty sure everyone understands a few extra days
    Problem 2: 'Ol Rainy has given it to someone...just not sure who
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    PMed
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    PMed
    Ohhhhh pass that around like a blunt my friend!!!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Is where you live very densely populated with minimal post offices? Or, can you just not go during the "off" hours? Also, 3 people bout to get smacked!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    PMed
    ...eff you.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    ddubridge:
    PMed
    ...eff you.
    Youre welcome!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeepers. The one still in transit has only gone as far as Memphis.