Home Non Cigar Related
Options

This is Blue our Tornado dog.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
When THE tornado struck it of course destroyed all the kennels we had put up. The only injury(amazing) to any of the dogs was blue. He got caught up in the kennel fence and was dragged who knows how far. Long story short, he ended up with 19 surgical pins in his hind parts. The cold has really started to get to him and we brought him inside. The only time we have ever heard him growl was when a neighbors dog came over for cookies and went after one of the puppies.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to hug him
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lookin' dog there. A neighbor a few streets over has one that looks just like yours, named Shammy; Shammy's coat is a little bit longer though. Our dog always gets excited when she sees Shammy, they play well together.

Lucky he made it through the tornado and the vets could fix him up.
    Is he on any special medicine since the surgery?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue seems to be a sweetheart, and handsome too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Beautiful dog and his eyes say it all.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Good lookin' dog there. A neighbor a few streets over has one that looks just like yours, named Shammy; Shammy's coat is a little bit longer though. Our dog always gets excited when she sees Shammy, they play well together.

Nope.....but he looks a little funny walking away from.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

He's definitely a good lookin' dog. Is it something with his joints, can he still walk ok?
    If not, might want to ask the vet about getting him on Cosequin (name brand). It's a joint supplement of glucosamine & chondroitin ... we get the "human" version for her, it's a lot cheaper and our vet said it works just as well.

Our pup had TTA (ACL) surgery 2 summer's ago and has arthritis and hip dysplasia but she gets a cosequin pill each day and a joint supplement shot 1x/month, really seems to help her feel better and move better.

• Options
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

He's definitely a good lookin' dog. Is it something with his joints, can he still walk ok?
    If not, might want to ask the vet about getting him on Cosequin (name brand). It's a joint supplement of glucosamine & chondroitin ... we get the "human" version for her, it's a lot cheaper and our vet said it works just as well.

Our pup had TTA (ACL) surgery 2 summer's ago and has arthritis and hip dysplasia but she gets a cosequin pill each day and a joint supplement shot 1x/month, really seems to help her feel better and move better.

He can walk fine and can do o to gone in about 2 seconds. Its just that in cold weather the affected bones give him some problems. Oh yea, he does not like lightning storms.
    We have always kept that medication on hand, originally for me. We also feed them the cartilage from chicken bones.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sweet looking pooch
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    He can walk fine and can do o to gone in about 2 seconds. Its just that in cold weather the affected bones give him some problems. Oh yea, he does not like lightning storms.
    We have always kept that medication on hand, originally for me. We also feed them the cartilage from chicken bones.
    Well you are already 1 step ahead of me then....
    Good to hear he still has mobility and is active.

You ever give your dogs wing tips (from chicken wings)...ours loves them.
    Just give them to her raw and the bones are small enough and uncooked they won't hurt the dog.

• Options
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    Well you are already 1 step ahead of me then....
    Good to hear he still has mobility and is active.

You ever give your dogs wing tips (from chicken wings)...ours loves them.
    Just give them to her raw and the bones are small enough and uncooked they won't hurt the dog.

I was a little surprised the first time I watched my wife give the dogs raw chicken scraps but she has been doing it a long time and now it is normal for me to do it too.