Home General Discussion

Best gift (10 cigars $200)

Hello,
I don't smoke cigars but I'm looking for a nice present for my stock trading mentor (made me a lot of money this year).

What would you recommend for this price range? My budget is $250 and I don't want anything less than 10 cigars in a box.

Greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Padron Family Reserve 85th Maduro? 10 in a box and ~$200. You could get a xikar lighter too with it and bring you to around $250.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Or This too. A little less with more cigars and more selection.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-DVBASST4
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    We could make recommendations all day long but your best bet might just be to e-mail a rep, such as Time Blythe (tblythe@cigar.com). Don't worry about them trying to sell you what's best for them rather than you and your mentor, they'll come up with something great. Tell 'em the forum sent ya.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    If it works out, feel free to come back with stock advice to thank us, hahahahah
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    E-mails are always a good idea!
    One God, One Truth
  • T-R1T-R1 Posts: 3
    Thanks guys!
    Will report when I hear back from Tim
  • T-R1T-R1 Posts: 3
    This is what Tim recommended

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=389

Just gotta decide on the size.
    Thank you guys.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Oooo, and you get the tubo sampler which is another really cool gift.
    See there's a GREAT suggestion that wouldn't have cracked the first 50 to enter my head, but would probably blow all 50 away. Gotta love The Beard. For size, the standard cigar would be the grand master, and it'll match the tubo sampler which may or may not be a plus, depending if you want to give him variety. However, a lot of guys that are really into cigars like the smaller ring gauges (width, basically), which would be the Low Rider. The Chubby (if you can get past the double-entendre of handing the guy a tin of chubbies) would offer the most complexity because of the continually changing ring gauge due to what we call a perfecto shape (tapered at both ends). Some guys love torpedoes (the Stout) though (they can chance how the smoke hits the pallet and make for a fairly fool-proof cut), and though this one will probably have the longest smoke time because of the length of it, if you know he tends towards smokes with tapered ends like this, it's the one to choose.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id go with the Lowrider size.

great wrapper to filler ratio.
    great blender.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! They ought to really enjoy that.