Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Met my first billionaire today

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
Other than liking to hear himself talk and wearing a suit that probably cost as much as I make in a month the guy seemed very nice and down to earth.

Color me surprised that he wasn't a total jack wad and that he was passionate about reinventing the way we provide healthcare and housing to our nations seniors.

Comments

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Other than liking to hear himself talk and wearing a suit that probably cost as much as I make in a month the guy seemed very nice and down to earth.

Color me surprised that he wasn't a total jack wad and that he was passionate about reinventing the way we provide healthcare and housing to our nations seniors.
    Never met a billionaire, but I did meet one of the timber company multi-millionaires and a guy who founded and sold a big regional pizza chain at a country club I worked for as a kid. The guys who founded their own companies or worked their way up through one were generally good guys, it was their wives and kids that were the ****.

So where did this one make his money?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who? Is it a secret?
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was punked once by Donald Trumps body gaurd. Apparently I was in the Trumpsters way so his body gaurd picked me up and moved me. I'm 6' 2" and about 200 lbs....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    when it all comes down to it, people are people no matter how much money they have. I have met many people that were worth well over $100 million. not sure if i have met anyone worth over a billion. not sure i really care. none of them struck me as anything other than "people"

there are a$$hole rich and a$$hole poor. there are nice rich people and nice poor people. money doesnt corrupt everyone, only the weak.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    blutattoo:

Never met a billionaire, but I did meet one of the timber company multi-millionaires and a guy who founded and sold a big regional pizza chain at a country club I worked for as a kid. The guys who founded their own companies or worked their way up through one were generally good guys, it was their wives and kids that were the ****.

So where did this one make his money?
    Real Estate and investments I believe. He has an eclectic background, organic chemist, lawyer, and real state developer. He founded a venture capital firm in San Francisco and they do a bunch of stuff like medical equipment research and development, healthcare, real estate development. Worked his way through college by doing construction. I don't think he actually comes from money, which is kind of cool.

I wouldn't be comfortable name dropping, because he is such a private guy and he is a huge client. Plus it's not like he is famous, just rich.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    I was punked once by Donald Trumps body gaurd. Apparently I was in the Trumpsters way so his body gaurd picked me up and moved me. I'm 6' 2" and about 200 lbs....
    Musta been one big body gaurd!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Echambers:
    Musta been one big body gaurd!
    I think he was about 7' and twice as wide as me.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a billionaire is the new millionaire
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I know one and he's cheap as f¥ck
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know one and he's cheap as f¥ck
    Hah, this must be true since I picked up the tab for lunch.